Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2011 RXP-X 255...anyone??

I can't find any good review (or any review period) for the 2011 RXP-X 255. I would like to know how its acceleration compare to the Ultra 300. I'm also wondering how it rides in general. I'm a big fan of the VXR lightness and nibleness (if that's even a word) but really love the ultra 300 mind blowing acceleration at all mph. I'm wondering if the RXP-X 255 would be sort of the "in between" of the two: light yet accelerate insanely.
    (ps if you know of a review feel free to guide me to it, that would great!)

+1
    I have never ridden a 300 but im pretty damn sure the rxpx has similar or even better acceleration. Personally, I love my rxpx. I wouldn't trade it for anything. It's light, small (compared to other new skis) and has plenty of power. Yeah, it doesn't have "300" but the weight difference makes up for that. Also, it doesn't take much to get these things going 75+. Some guy on here ran 80 with only a few mods. His name was ksalles I believe. The only thing I don't like about the PX is once you get it in some serious chop you will get outrun by the bigger boats. Overall, great ski if your looking for a serious performance ski.

Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    +1
    i like the styling/looks of the doo vs kawi. power can be added, but looks cannot

Quote Originally Posted by MacDaddy_rxpx View Post
    I have never ridden a 300 but im pretty damn sure the rxpx has similar or even better acceleration. Personally, I love my rxpx. I wouldn't trade it for anything. It's light, small (compared to other new skis) and has plenty of power. Yeah, it doesn't have "300" but the weight difference makes up for that. Also, it doesn't take much to get these things going 75+. Some guy on here ran 80 with only a few mods. His name was ksalles I believe. The only thing I don't like about the PX is once you get it in some serious chop you will get outrun by the bigger boats. Overall, great ski if your looking for a serious performance ski.
    What do you consider serious chop?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MacDaddy_rxpx View Post
    Unfortunately, your wrong there.
    Stock vs stock the Kawi will out accelerate the X in any water conditions. Put it in mild chop and the kawi would eat the X alive.
    It really depends where your riding and if your planning on modding.
    You are certainly right about really getting the rxpx's moving with minimal mods.

Or see what seadoo going to put out next year for HP

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Unfortunately, your wrong there.
    Stock vs stock the Kawi will out accelerate the X in any water conditions. Put it in mild chop and the kawi would eat the X alive.
    It really depends where your riding and if your planning on modding.
    You are certainly right about really getting the rxpx's moving with minimal mods.
    I ride an 08 PX and it's a fun rocket... but the wife's new 300X will out accelerate it- I have ridden only a couple skis that would pull harder than the stock 300... and they were heavily modded. The 300 lightly modded is gonna be a formidable ski in any water conditions and very hard to catch when chop whips up.

If you ride rough water-Kawi. Plan on doing a good amount of 2-up riding?-Kawi. Lotta flat stuff?-PX

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mirage2991 View Post
    I can't find any good review (or any review period) for the 2011 RXP-X 255. I would like to know how its acceleration compare to the Ultra 300. I'm also wondering how it rides in general. I'm a big fan of the VXR lightness and nibleness (if that's even a word) but really love the ultra 300 mind blowing acceleration at all mph. I'm wondering if the RXP-X 255 would be sort of the "in between" of the two: light yet accelerate insanely.
    (ps if you know of a review feel free to guide me to it, that would great!)
    I guess the PX would fit between the 300 and the VXR kinda... but opinions would vary there.

+1
    Can't wait to see one of the 300s on the water....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dnielsen View Post
    Can't wait to see one of the 300s on the water....
    Me too since they will prob think it's the fastest thing on the lake.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information