Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

oil in hull under the seat? 2008 gp1300r

Under the seat if I am standing on the right side of the craft if I will down at the bottom of the hull there is a indention in the hull on the far right side..there is a little stream of oil in that indention..it's hard to look up towards the front to see where it's coming from since it's so cramped. It's not a lot of oil hull is very clean but there is hull filling that indention and the craft is raised slightly on the trailer and has ran all the way to the back of the hull in that indention/valley.

btw this is a 08 gp1300r with 6.8hrs I just bought it and haven't taken it out yet. any ideas? was hoping someone has seen this before and may know where to look first.

thanks

I have the same ski and the same problem. I noticed that my oil filler tube wasn’t clamped down all the way on the reservoir. I have since tightened it but still have a small amount of oil showing up in my hull as well. Check your filler tube at the reservoir hose clamp.

at the neck? mine atleast isn't leaking there.

I did read where if you slightly over fill the tank it will casue this..perhaps the original owner did this on the intial filling of the tank or the dealer..hopefully thats all it is.

yea at the neck. i am going to take out the whole filler tube tonight and see if there is a split in it. i've never over filled the tank. i try to keep it at 1/2 - 3/4 full just so i dont run into that problem. how full is your tank? can u see the 3 lil dashes on the upper left corner? ( as looking at the oil tank from the engine side)

My buddies 07 had this also

what was it on your buddies 07? him just over filling the oil tank?

I just got minee used with 6hrs so I personally haven't overfilled it I topped it off to the top rim of the tank..as far as I can tell the filler tube neck isn't leaking.

but I think I read if you overfill them they leak somewhere by nature...anymore info on this so I can be a little more at ease?

No split in the filler tube. put 2 hose clamps on the hose to seal it better at the tank. only other place i can think of is on the engine side of the tank. there is a small hose that my need to be tightened as well. i am goin out this weekend. i will see if it is still leaking and if i can get to that spot. here is a pic / link that shows the hose i am talkin about. the very last pic. http://www.cajundude.com/exhaustchamber.htm

other than that, i havent seen any oil residue leaking down the tank from anywhere other that the fill neck..... i am at a loss if this aint it.

this is what`s going on based on your info:

on the EFI oil injected ski`s, there is a rubber drain in the bottom of the air box. The yamalube 2W oil is purple. you will see a purple oil trail coming from under the box and travel in that groove in the inner hull all the way back to the midwall and eventually puddle there until you clean it up with a rag...

the oil collects inside the rubber boot manifold and does spit out with various rpm`s back inside the airbox, eventually leading to sitting in the bottom of the airbox and draining out into the hull...

is this what you are referring to?

take a telescoping inspection mirror and you`ll see where its coming from...

what I "used" to do> I have a long 3/8 wooden dowel, I chuck a rag in the hull over the area and swish it around with the stick, then remove rag, Done...

I went premix now, no more oil in hull, that used to really irritate me

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    this is what`s going on based on your info:

on the EFI oil injected ski`s, there is a rubber drain in the bottom of the air box. The yamalube 2W oil is purple. you will see a purple oil trail coming from under the box and travel in that groove in the inner hull all the way back to the midwall and eventually puddle there until you clean it up with a rag...

the oil collects inside the rubber boot manifold and does spit out with various rpm`s back inside the airbox, eventually leading to sitting in the bottom of the airbox and draining out into the hull...

is this what you are referring to?

take a telescoping inspection mirror and you`ll see where its coming from...

what I "used" to do> I have a long 3/8 wooden dowel, I chuck a rag in the hull over the area and swish it around with the stick, then remove rag, Done...

I went premix now, no more oil in hull, that used to really irritate me
    Sounds like exactly what I'm talking about, and I clean it the same way a stick with a rag..and leave it tilted so I can get it all eventually unless there is a leak that is..

so this is normal? it will always do this? you got to be kidding! so every 05-08 does this from day one.......crazy. Well atleast I feel better about it being something serious since I haven't even had it out yet lol.

Quote Originally Posted by weider1717 View Post
    Sounds like exactly what I'm talking about, and I clean it the same way a stick with a rag..and leave it tilted so I can get it all eventually unless there is a leak that is..

so this is normal? it will always do this? you got to be kidding! so every 05-08 does this from day one.......crazy. Well atleast I feel better about it being something serious since I haven't even had it out yet lol.
    I doubt your ski with just a few hours on it has an oil leak from a line, but anything is possible, and just keep an eye on things... BUT mine did it from day one, especially after a day of aggressive riding. my hull is actually stained from the purple oil trail...

originally I was injection, then switched to premix, trail stopped, later went back to oil injection with all new hoses and after a few rides it came right back and had a mess in the hull... NOW I`m back to premix and guess what>>> no more trail and mess...lol...

the newer efi ski`s have way better SS full circle clamps on all the hoses, so not likely to fail like the earlier 1200`s...

just keep an eye on the number 3 cylinder hose, bc it is usually tighter than the rest from the factory, but I haven`t heard of one actually shrinking enough and coming off...

good choice tho, nice color ski!!! enjoy!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information