Thread: code 25 reset?

code 25 reset?

I just got a 2002 aquatrax 1200 non turbo and it is giving me a code 25 knock sensor. I rode the ski about 20minutes and idled for a few before it started beeping and flashing fi. Well it spit out about a quart of oil all under the engine and even found some in the air breather. I checked the oil after it sat and now its right at level. I wiped the oil off of the sensor inside airbox and checked all my plug connections and put dielectric grease on all of them. Should i reset or does anyone know what else to do after having too much oil and would this cause a knock sensor error? Thanks for any help as i am brand new to this.
    Last edited by jbridered; 06-04-2011 at 09:01 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jbridered View Post
    I just got a 2001 aquatrax 1200 non turbo and it is giving me a code 25 knock sensor. I rode the ski about 20minutes and idled for a few before it started beeping and flashing fi. Well it spit out about a quart of oil all under the engine and even found some in the air breather. I checked the oil after it sat and now its right at level. I wiped the oil off of the sensor inside airbox and checked all my plug connections and put dielectric grease on all of them. Should i reset or does anyone know what else to do after having too much oil and would this cause a knock sensor error? Thanks for any help as i am brand new to this.
    The knock sensor is actually a microphone that is tuned to 6.6 KH [from memory] to pick up the ping before it damages the engine.
    There is a 50/50 chance that it is a bad knock sensor or a bad ECU. The older models had a high failure rate on ECU but they are much cheaper than the later models. I have no idea how too much oil would cause a knock sensor code.

I found that all the oil is coming from the sensor next to the oil filter. It was dripping pretty good. Would this cause loss of pressure and could this little o ring be the answer to my problem? What size socket is used to take the sensor off? Any ideas on where to get the o ring?

I found that the low oil pressure sensor itself is leaking. Ordered a new one and I hope it solves all my problems. I hope it somehow caused the ski to stall. I never got a oil light just a flashing fi.

Anyone ever have a leaking low oil pressure sensor?

Thread Information