Earth, USA, California

Theft. Been there, stealing my property is a threat IMO.

Wave runner thief shot in head, police probing whether it was justifiable

The attempted theft of a Wave runner led a juvenile to kill the suspected thief with a shotgun.

Upload and share your own.
    You can share related videos and photos.
    Submit: Video Pictures Stories

<H3 class=credit_line>

</H3>Miami-Dade police are investigating whether a juvenile armed with a shotgun was justified in killing an intruder who tried to steal his family’s wave runner.
    During the confrontation, the unidentified juvenile shot Reynaldo Muñoz, 20, in the head, and he died at the scene, police said. Muñoz’s girlfriend has been charged with felony murder for her participation in a crime that caused the death of another.
    The attempted burglary happened about 2:30 p.m. Saturday when Muñoz and Carolina Lopez, 19, drove to Pelican Marine Harbor Marina in Miami Shores. He parked his truck, and Muñoz put his own Wave runner in the water, navigating it to a waterfront home at 9275 N. Bayshore Avenue.
    Police said he then jumped into the water and started walking along a concrete seawall onto the property. As he removed the family’s Wave runner, he was “confronted by the homeowner who armed himself with a shotgun in an attempt to protect his family,’’ the police affidavit said.
    Investigators said the home is owned by attorney Jeffrey Davis, who was not home at the time of the attempted burglary. His son, an unidentified juvenile, and his wife, Yasmin, were home, police said. They told detectives that Muñoz indicated he was armed and that he planned to harm them. Neither Davis, nor Muñoz’s family would comment.
    Lopez, of Hialeah, confessed to police that that she planned to wait for Muñoz, also of Hialeah, to return with the stolen watercraft and they were going to place it on a trailer, and haul it away in hopes of selling it for $2,000.
    No further charges were announced Monday, as the probe continued.
    Police -- well aware that the incident is controversial -- indicated that the prosecutor’s office would likely make the decision on whether the killing was justified, either in self-defense, or

So... yeah I think if someone tries to take my property that I own, without my permission or understanding with the intent to remove it from my possession, that to me is a threat. How can I trust thier motives or actions to not attack or cause harm to myself and how about the emotional distress experienced?

Been there and its not fun. Supposably this guy was a deaf mute? Not sure bit if so he still had the intention on stealing and selling something not belonging to him. Was his name on the title? No...

Enough of this BS. Protect the citizens and do away with criminals, send a STRONG message that won't be forgotten soon. preferably you only need one bullet. We are all tired of this... enough. Protect us first!

Bonita Springs, Florida, United States

Thread Information