Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1200 Limited d plate

I bought this ski for my daughter a few weeks ago and have the wave eater clips and d plate comming for it this week.. Do i need to rejet the carbs while im doing this or is it close enough as is??

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by project View Post
    I bought this ski for my daughter a few weeks ago and have the wave eater clips and d plate comming for it this week.. Do i need to rejet the carbs while im doing this or is it close enough as is??
    no rejetting needed for a D plate. Use the R&D D plate it has the smaller opening works better with the 1200 pv 66v motor.

Now you tell me, i already ordered the jet works..lol maybe i can return it for a swap.

Ok, the R&D plate is on the way now. Another question I have is that after a few days its hard to start for the first time.. after it starts once it will start instantly for the next few days and runs fine the whole time, does that sound like dirty carbs or plugs. Pulled the plugs yesterday and didnt look that bad but getting new ones anyway.. while im in there should i rebuild the carbs anyway?

I would suggest a rebuild, carbs are a finicky mistress sometimes causing all sorts of things.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by project View Post
    Now you tell me, i already ordered the jet works..lol maybe i can return it for a swap.
    Hit me up, maybe we can work out a deal!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tileman View Post
    Hit me up, maybe we can work out a deal!!!
    I got it worked out today.. they are sending the R&D instead of the jetworks.

+1
    Do you have a primer kit? If not, try that to help with the hard start before you rebuild carbs especially if it runs fine. Sounds more like a priming/ starting issue.

The d plate is supposed to be here today so i pulled the exhaust off to get everything cleaned up and the cat wasnt comming apart, it was gone!! It looks like someone cut everything out and put it back together with just the flange.. that probably explains the exhaust warning i got. Ill put it back together when fedex shows up and go test it.

Took it to the lake today with the d plate installed, lost 600 rpm 6500 max, and down 7 mph.. will barely maintain 50.. any ideas???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information