Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Talking 05 mods, rpm at 8200 IS THIS 2 high?HELP

I have 05 rxp runs awesome, Has x charger, 4 inch air (FILTER under seat), 42 lbs injectors, free flow exhaust, tdr waterbox, intake grate, HAVE 15/20r prop just had not put in yet, still stock prop. I had heard 4200 rpm would burn out the exhaust? I never held it for long at 4200 only ran maybe 4 bars of gas out full tank. I have catch can installed also. Can anyone tell me once I put new prop #'s should be correct?

+1
    You are on the soft limiter. You should pitch your prop for 8160. Timing is starting to be pulled at 8200.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    I assume you mean 8200 rpm? Burn out the exhaust If your running an untouched stock prop with an X charger... your all over the limiter! Get that 15/20 in there. If your running the stock IC, you may need to take a little pitch out of that prop to get your rpms to 8100-8150.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    I assume you mean 8200 rpm? Burn out the exhaust If your running an untouched stock prop with an X charger... your all over the limiter! Get that 15/20 in there. If your running the stock IC, you may need to take a little pitch out of that prop to get your rpms to 8100-8150.
    +1 Never heard of any problem running at 4200, but running on the rev limiter WILL heat up your exhaust and kill the bell. Def get the 15/20 in there ... I would shoot for 8100 rpms.

Thanks guys, I have stock ic in it, external ic in the box need piping and clamps etc. 15/20r prop can that go right on untouched or needs to be worked? I did all the other stuff myself, Not sure of prop work clearances etc. Or putting in ic external in?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by scartigue View Post
    Thanks guys, I have stock ic in it, external ic in the box need piping and clamps etc. 15/20r prop can that go right on untouched or needs to be worked? I did all the other stuff myself, Not sure of prop work clearances etc. Or putting in ic external in?
    You will probably see around 78-7900 rpms if you put in the 15/20 if you leave it as is. You will need to depitch the prop just a little to get those 200 or so rpms back.

If you go with an external intercooler then you will need a 1:1 RRFPR (Rising rate fuel pressure regulator) and an o2 sensor to be able to tune with your rrfpr. If you do get these items then you should have no problem pulling the 15/20 and actually might need to add some pitch to your prop if needed from the extra power.

Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAShark View Post
    You will probably see around 78-7900 rpms if you put in the 15/20 if you leave it as is. You will need to depitch the prop just a little to get those 200 or so rpms back.

If you go with an external intercooler then you will need a 1:1 RRFPR (Rising rate fuel pressure regulator) and an o2 sensor to be able to tune with your rrfpr. If you do get these items then you should have no problem pulling the 15/20 and actually might need to add some pitch to your prop if needed from the extra power.
    so everyone is just tuning rpm's with pitching thier prop's and adjusting afr's with a rising rate fpr and a wideband? isnt there some kind of tuning software available? then you could set rpms through the ecu and fine tune them with pitching. you could adjust timing (which is HUGE for making power) and target afr's through the ecu also, but you would need a higher base pressure at some point with more boost. someone has had to deciphered the ecu's by now...

+1
    Custom tunes do exist but unfortunately is not very affordable if you keep changing your setup and want to keep adjusting to what you have.

If you truly want to control everything you stated then you would need to go with a aftermarket EMS with which you are able to control the rpms, timing, etc.

Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    +1
    in the evo community people have deciphered the stock ecu's and have made a downloadable program (free) that you can log and tune any parameter in the stock ecu via a tatrix cable connected to the obdII port and a laptop. works a lot better than a aftermarket ecu since you really only need to tune afr/timing and adj rev limiter/fuel cut.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gOt BoOsT View Post
    in the evo community people have deciphered the stock ecu's and have made a downloadable program (free) that you can log and tune any parameter in the stock ecu via a tatrix cable connected to the obdII port and a laptop. works a lot better than a aftermarket ecu since you really only need to tune afr/timing and adj rev limiter/fuel cut.
    We all wish someone can do that and save us ALOT of $$$$$$$. It probably has been done but people rather not say anything and make money on it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information