throttle problems with video

When I press the thumb throttle in, the ski feels like its going to rev up but doesn't. Shutting the ski off and restarting will allow it to do one launch, and then the problem returns on my 96 xp. Eventually shutting off and restarting many times the ski will start to function normally.

I have cleaned the carbs and rave valves, and also replaced the fuel lines without any help. I have attached a video if someone can help me diagnose whats wrong.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    when you say that you cleaned the carbs did you clean the little screens in the carbs? and have you changed the spark plugs?

I cleaned the carbs, replaced the screens, and rebuilt them almost completely. I have not switched the spark plugs. Could that be causing the problems? Why would the ski eventually start working after being turned on and off multiple times?

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    I would look at the carb screens again. when I did mine I had some rubber from the new hoses block the screen. it was from cutting the new lines. did you also replace the needle and seats ... and did you clean the fuel selector?

Quote Originally Posted by bmc1818 View Post
    I cleaned the carbs, replaced the screens, and rebuilt them almost completely. I have not switched the spark plugs. Could that be causing the problems? Why would the ski eventually start working after being turned on and off multiple times?
    You answers your own question. This aint Hand grenades but it might turn into one if you dont go completely through the carbs. Replace the Diaphrams in the carbs take out and clean the jets and Needles. I am not joking, Carbs and goo from the old fuel lines is 95% of problems. Dont forget to pull the needle and seat and clean the crap out of the seat and off the needle. Lots of stuff gets caught in there.

make sure your getting spark on both plugs too. clip the wires back 1/4" and try again

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by PEST! View Post
    You answers your own question. This aint Hand grenades but it might turn into one if you dont go completely through the carbs. Replace the Diaphrams in the carbs take out and clean the jets and Needles. I am not joking, Carbs and goo from the old fuel lines is 95% of problems. Dont forget to pull the needle and seat and clean the crap out of the seat and off the needle. Lots of stuff gets caught in there.
    +1...+100

I did a 100% clean and lines. After two tanks the residual crap in the tank had filled the pto filter more than half way.
    -its best to pull the fuel filler hose and vac out ALL the gas in the tank.

Thread Information