Thread: Switching oil

Switching oil

I discovered my 96XP has been using the seadoo mineral oil I would like to run the Synthetic like my other boat. Is this going to be a problem? How should I go about swapping oils?
    Thanks,Dustin

If you are using BRP (SeaDoo) mineral based oil, then changing to BRP XPS syntheticis not going to cause a problem. I do not recommend mixing 2 different brands of oil. The additive packages in different brands of oil are slightly different and you could have a reaction between the different oils causing problems. Clean your oil tank out & replace the oil filter if you are changing brands. Be absolutely sure that you remove the air bubbles in the oil lines & filter.
    Robert V

That is a total waste of time and oil. In the late 70's early 80's there was some incompatibility issues with different base stock synthetic oils. That has long since passed. you can freely mix any 2 stroke oils, at any time without any issues.

+1
    The main 2 stroke oil that will NOT mix with other oils is the Klotz Benol. You are fine with mixing the oils you have. I would just run it down lower then when you know you all synthetic oil in it I would put in new spark plugs.

Both are seadoo brand. I will run it until low and then make the switch. Will this be okay?

I just bought two skis that have beebn sitting for 4 years and have got no record of what was used. I bought some wallmart supertech 2-stroke oil last night. Am I alright mixxing that with the mystery stuff?

+1
    Get that oil out of the tank. Oil that is sealed is good for up to 5 years. What model do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
    I just bought two skis that have beebn sitting for 4 years and have got no record of what was used. I bought some wallmart supertech 2-stroke oil last night. Am I alright mixxing that with the mystery stuff?

A GTX thats 98% complete and a GSX thats in a billion pieces lol

Thread Information