New Hope For an OLD XPL

I have had quiet a few Seadoo's. 3 GSXL's 2 XPL's 96 XP GTXSC RXP and even a 4tec i had written off the 2 stroke as not worth the effort that a 4stroke was way faster and this week all my work over the last 2 years paid off. When The Modified XPL I built for my Wife beat my RXP with level one mods 2 out of three runs to top. Now I could creep past on the top end but not by much and out of the hole a 140lb woman could get a couple of boat lengths on me. She just learned about trim and bam Im standing there going WTF... Anyway. This s what I did over the last 2 years.
    I burnt up the original engine second time I rode it. oil alarm on an XPL doesnt mean you can run out the rest of the fuel. Well then I went back to the old days and bought up some parts of old open class boats and a few I knew would work well.
    i worked as a Watercraft tech for the last 8 years so I built me a new engine. Wanted to reduce reciprocating mass so I went with Wiesco pistons a lightend Flywheel (PPG) 1mm over. I replaced the Crank assy with HotRods crank kit.Mini tach to see if I got the jetting right. ADA Rec head. Vtec reeds Miller spacers R&D intake. The lucky find was an almost new Coffman Pipe and Scat Setback Pump. Then the fun started Tunning and tweeking and asking questions on this site. Yous Guys helped me a lot not just with info but you made me think. That 3/4 throttle issue was not so much the carbs as it was timing curves. The Micro Touch Ignition took care of that and when my Impeller came off and got ate up getting me to the pamp. IMPROS was able to fix it better than before. Scat Trac was able to send me the shaft for the pump. Man that Ski rocks

It took me a second engine thats when I replaced the Crank and Counterbalance . Dont skimp on counterbalances. It cost me a crank ,Counterbalance, and a set of Cases. Spinning a 951 at 74-7600 will show anyflaws. The Wiesco's need to be run about .006-.007 or you can replace a few. Wiesco and I go a few years back.

+1
    where you ride pest ?????? i tired of the indian and banana rivers, too many slow and no wake zones, can only ride poinsett soo many times, its good for testing etc but nothing to really see BTW i'm right here in the 32922

well i used to Live in Port Canaveral on my Boat. But when i met my wife I started hanging out in west melbourne were I presently live. Lot more to the story but not important. I worked in Cocoa on 520 for 8 years off and on (took off on my boat couple times) While working and Living in the Area I got to know how to ride on the ST Johns from Lake Washington all the way to Sanford. The water is so low right now that most of that is impossible. Water level is down more than I have ever seen. So I took one of my Back up rides. I like to Ride from Lee Park on 46 North sort of to Sanford. Stop for Lunch at Gator Landing and return. I have several other places to ride but My Tow Vehicle Dropped a Cylinder (coil) on This one or we would have Gone to Deland and rode north to lake Mary and Silver Glenn Springs. Another ride thats shorter is Astor to the Glen. We saw a Pair Of Bald Eagles. Just such a Beautiful Place to see and ride. The Wildlife are everywhere even more since the river is down in brings them to the main channels. I am spending most of my time clearing out Moms Condo to Sell so this was the first time we Rode in 9 months. My wife liked the Bumble Bee (her name for it ) so I spent my free time (not much) making it fast and bullet proof. The RXP is a Brutal and heavy ride. The XPL is more a quick surgical machine. Perfect for the twistys of the St Johns River. Easyer to drag back to deep water too......LOL Cant be squeemish bout walking in black water even if you do know what you could step on or in......Just dont think about it.

Thread Information