looking for a PV motor expert in Orlando

Ive got a couple of 800s and need to pick the best parts and make one out of them.
    I need some insight and guidance as Ive never done a PV motor before and sure dont want to do this twice.I can bring all the parts to you and will re assemble myself.

+1
    If you need any help with the engine I will answer and questions I have been in this Industry for 30 years.

if you need any crank or engine work and its something I can help you with the guy that builds all my crankshafts and engines is very good and has a greenhulk discount with Free Return Shipping check them out
    www.ShortBlocksRus.com link to the yamaha 800 engines http://www.shortblocks-r-us.com/prod...categoryId=273

Last year he did over 100 crankshafts and 50 shortblocks for my shop and just work I have used him for 13 plus years

I think I can get by with just new rings,seals,gaskets.
    motor only had 30 hrs on it,dropped a PV.
    I ll replace those damaged parts from the other motor.

+1
    If that is the case in dropping a PV, make sure you split the cases and check the bearings or in the very least flush the block and see what comes out. Shavings and chunks can be a real problem if left in the bearings or crank.

I think Im going to use the crank,cases and one jug from the other motor
    it has low compression in one of the 2 cylinders.
    But would still like for an expert to look at the parts for me.
    Beers on me.....

anyone in central Fla?

+1
    split the cases and inspect the parts, any questions on any of it just post what you find. The 800 is a fairly simple motor to build. Do as leejax01 said-split cases and clean and inspect very close-cleaning is 3/4 of building a motor-one missed piece of metal will ruin all your work. You can tell a lot on the crank from a good cleanup and visual inspection, as well as using a feeler gauge to measure big end side clearance and bearing noises. You will know if you have a bad main bearing when you spin it. Good ones are silent and have a solid feel when you spin them, a bad bearing will stand out-noisy and a looser feeling when you spin it-youll notice the difference in the two if you have a bad one-hard to explain.

ok thanks
    I have 2 complete motors and from what I can tell so far with cranks still in them,those are good.
    what is the specs?

Thread Information