Knackered Jet Pump Housing On Seadoo GTX 2001. Please Help!

Hi there, I am after some advice on what to do with a problem inside the jet housing on a Seadoo GTX 2001. If you look at the attachment you will notice that the plastic blades inside the housing have taken a real beating from something and I was wondering if this is simply a case of replacing with another or whether or not this is repairable. I have spent money on a new wear ring, jet oil, propeller repair and repitch etc and this starting to rack up in a major way cost wise I have been looking online for a plastic filler and I found a product called Gelcoat which apparently repairs holes and cracks in hulls. Would something like this work? If not is there anything out there that could hold up with 60mph of water being thrown against it. I am clued up when it comes to doing work myself but repairing plastics isn't something I have tried before! Could someone advice a product if repairing this is possible (bearing in mind that this is a jet pump repair so it needs to withstand pressure) with some sort of epoxy. If not does anybody know where to get hold of a second hand one in a good condition? Thanks in advance, Ian.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	497 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	240137  

Quote Originally Posted by imtuttle View Post
    Hi there, I am after some advice on what to do with a problem inside the jet housing on a Seadoo GTX 2001. If you look at the attachment you will notice that the plastic blades inside the housing have taken a real beating from something and I was wondering if this is simply a case of replacing with another or whether or not this is repairable. I have spent money on a new wear ring, jet oil, propeller repair and repitch etc and this starting to rack up in a major way cost wise I have been looking online for a plastic filler and I found a product called Gelcoat which apparently repairs holes and cracks in hulls. Would something like this work? If not is there anything out there that could hold up with 60mph of water being thrown against it. I am clued up when it comes to doing work myself but repairing plastics isn't something I have tried before! Could someone advice a product if repairing this is possible (bearing in mind that this is a jet pump repair so it needs to withstand pressure) with some sort of epoxy. If not does anybody know where to get hold of a second hand one in a good condition? Thanks in advance, Ian.
    Hey Ian!

I have a similar problem that I posted here. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...wapping/page14

What did you do? My guess is that you put the boat back together and it wasn't that much of an issue? I think on my boat (later model year) those exit guide vanes are actually aluminum castings. there is a product I have used for aluminum repairs called "alumaloy" but it requires heat.

Anyhow, it you get a chance to shoot me a message and let me know what you did and how the boat ran if you just reinstalled it, I'd sure be appreciative as mine is apart now.

Thanks;
    Yank

Response

Hi mate, I tried using steel epoxy putty to repair the cracks and then sprayed loads of layers of epoxy marine paint over the top to help secure it. The pressure blew it all to bits so no joy there. With it in it's current state it cavitates real bad so I wouldn't leave it. I managed to pick up an entirely new pump housing for $180 for a US based seller. I had to pay $50 import tax to get it back into the UK but that's still super cheap based on what they retail at. I have given up with put the old bits back in and have replaced the impeller, bearings, seals, the lot! A new wear ring comes with the new housing. I wish I live in the states where Seadoo stuff is so much cheaper to buy! Hope this helps.

+1
    I understand this is a really old thread, but just thought I would comment that I just did a (lengthy) write up on repairing a plastic Seadoo jet pump over HERE. Thought it might still help you guys and maybe others...

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    SBT rebuilt exchange

Hello I was wondering if anyone else has run into this problem of the water intake nozzle coming loose from the housing. I bought this from SBT two years ago and last year my seadoo stopped circulating water. After running water backwards from the tee fitting I noticed the water was shooting out from the top of the housing and not from inside by the impeller. I contacted SBT about this problem and they stated that the piece is added to the housing after the molding process but premanentely attached. They told me that it must of broken off. I don't see any evidence of it breaking off. It looks like it came loose and seperated from the pump housing. So no warranty. Has anyone come up with a work around for this issue? Dont want to buy a new pump housing if I dont have to.

Brian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1069 - Copy.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	415856   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1067 (1).JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	136.1 KB 
ID:	415857  

Thread Information