+1

08 px ecu, riva or sdc (les cooke)

Hey guys as the title says what is the better ecu upgrade (8650rpm) for a 2008 rxpx?
    I like the fact that the riva is a complete ecu so if i want to put the ski back to stock to sell or damage the ecu i have a spare. But seadoo centre (les cooke) is local so if there was a problem i can get it resolved!
    Riva states you must use 50lb injectors though seadoo centre said theirs is relashed and keep the 42's and doesn't need a rrfpr, no more fuel? What are your thoughts one better than the other?
    I will be doing seadoo centre retainers and their 4' intake at the same time and plan to go the riva xx s/c not to far away. I do some long wot runs when flat but more after a real snappy/punchy ski with a killer pull but also reliable!, so what's better??
    cheers bradsta..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bradsta View Post
    Hey guys as the title says what is the better ecu upgrade (8650rpm) for a 2008 rxpx?
    I like the fact that the riva is a complete ecu so if i want to put the ski back to stock to sell or damage the ecu i have a spare. But seadoo centre (les cooke) is local so if there was a problem i can get it resolved!
    Riva states you must use 50lb injectors though seadoo centre said theirs is relashed and keep the 42's and doesn't need a rrfpr, no more fuel? What are your thoughts one better than the other?
    I will be doing seadoo centre retainers and their 4' intake at the same time and plan to go the riva xx s/c not to far away. I do some long wot runs when flat but more after a real snappy/punchy ski with a killer pull but also reliable!, so what's better??
    cheers bradsta..
    I decided to go with the riva ecu. Because the Aussie dollar is good at the moment you can pick it up for about the same price as the Les Cooke reflash and as you said you can keep your stock ecu.
    With the riva you can run the 48# bosch injectors which are much better than the riva ones.
    Have you already purchased the other parts? I would advise against it.. Im pretty sure Seadoo centre charges like 500+ for the 4" intake. This is a joke, get the fizzle 4" from the greenhulk store.
    If you havent purchased anything yet, IMO you should get it all from the GH store.. If you get it all at once, postage costs will be low.
    4" intake, Riva ecu, injectors, Riva valve train..

+1
    Second that.

I was chatting to SDC...........untill I seen the prices of gear in the GH store! Had a ball installing it myself and got twice as much punch for my $.

SDC can map it to suit your needs and mods. Unless you want a higher rpm limit I'd go for the Riva.

+1
    cheers bradsta..
    The Riva is more rec friendly, the SDC is more of a race ECU, the ignition maps in Les's ECUs are very good and make awsome power, If you want to run a XX SCer you would not be able to stick with the stock 42 injectors, You can get away with a 4" intake and a resenator by-pass on the 42s with Les's re-maps, past that your going to be lean.

Me personly I would still go with SDC over the Riva ECU, It will just be quicker, also as said above if you want those other mods then youshould speak with him, he can tailor a map for what you have, you may end up going with 60s or run a RRFPR with the 42s, Les does run stuff fairly lean but it makes good power and I have never seen a SDC re-mapped ski blow up.

So yes the 4" intake is a good idea, SDC retainers and custom re-ma for the boost ect ect your running, You will def need a RRFPR or bigger injectors for the XX SCer.

My 02 R88

+1
    Ive really liked my Riva ECU. It works very good for me

+1
    Yeah thanks for the feed back guys.
    Monaroman your right with the au $$ it is the time to buy which is why i was asking the question about the ecu. Hey what gps speed are you getting with the xx s/c? As i said i am more after a punchy ski than flat out top speed!
    Re 88 the thing that steers me towards sdc is that what les says you get!! Rode a stock class px that he had done and it was mental!! But if i wanted him to work on the ski he said he would not back the whole setup without his ecu (fueling issues etc) and i really don't want to have to monitor the ski all the time!! But that may be the price we have to pay!!
    What do you think of the mods for what i am after?
    Was going to go with;
    retainers
    4" air intake
    free flow exhaust
    worx grate
    re block offs
    sdc sponsons
    skat 14/19 prop?
    intake manifold mod
    Then add the xx s/c in the near future ( a few months)

+1
    Yeah thanks for the feed back guys.
    Monaroman your right with the au $$ it is the time to buy which is why i was asking the question about the ecu. Hey what gps speed are you getting with the xx s/c? As i said i am more after a punchy ski than flat out top speed!
    Re 88 the thing that steers me towards sdc is that what les says you get!! Rode a stock class px that he had done and it was mental!! But if i wanted him to work on the ski he said he would not back the whole setup without his ecu (fueling issues etc) and i really don't want to have to monitor the ski all the time!! But that may be the price we have to pay!!
    What do you think of the mods for what i am after?
    Was going to go with;
    retainers
    4" air intake
    free flow exhaust
    worx grate
    re block offs
    sdc sponsons
    skat 14/19 prop?
    intake manifold mod
    Then add the xx s/c in the near future ( a few months)
    Looks good to me, those mods are only just more then a stock class (free flow is not legal) I would just get the SDC 8650 re-map, it is better then the riva and when you change Les can change the map to suit.

He knows his shit, if your close to him then you have no rason not to use him.

I personly like the 14/18 better but its all dependent on setup.

R88

Thread Information