Cool 07 RXP with 97hrs for 5500$ --vs-- 08 Ultra 250 wth 45 hrs for 6000$

Hello All!

I am quite sure you guys are tired of these threads, and I have read up a BUNCH but I am trying to get some input here. I have two ski's lined up and I can't decided which one to go with. Please bear with me, any input is GREATLY APPRECIATED.

08 Ultra250X 45 hrs, red, galvanized 08 trailer, 1" wedge other than that stock 6000$

07 RXP 97 hrs, green, aluminum 07 trailer, SS washer just install (preventieve, not because he dropped the ceramic I'm told), has straight pipe aluminum exhaust (stock included), and a small Element stereo. 5500$

I ride in rough water (always brackish/salt) a nice bit so I like the Ultra, but I like to jump wake sometimes when I can as well so the RXP is pulling me in along with it's better handling characteristics. I'm not pressed on a 3 man by any means. The aluminum trailer is also a plus and I know it's valued at a nice bit more, but how much?

I know this is the SeaDoo forum but what would you chose if you had the choice? Any input you have would be greatly appreciated! The RXP actually blue books for 150$ more.

I am coming from a Kawi ZXI 1100 which is a two seater and sux in the chop. I do love Kawi but some of the problems I have been reading about on the 250 scare me a bit. I know the RXP has it's flaws but they don't usually end in total engine failure once you get the SS washer in there. I do all my own maintenance and am into modifying cars but never really got much into modding the ski. I would like something that does not require me to work on it all the time!

Thanks for your input! Valuable links are also appreciated!

+1
    Hey Slow Poke,

I have nowhere near the experience with ski's that most of these guys have on this forum but I have owned a 04 RXP for about 5 years now and I can tell you from my experience that they absolutely SUCK in heavy chop!!! I do most of my riding in lakes and it is a blast on relitively smooth water but I have taken it down to the coast a time or two and between the bouncing around and the sea spray contently in your face it can make for a very long and tiresom day. A friend of mine has the GTX and riding it on the inlets and innercoastal along the NC shore is so nice! It cuts thru the chop like a boat (of course it handles like on too...lol!)

I'm sure that doesnt help much but its Just my 2 cents....good luck.

P.S. I have a custom built all Aluminum trailer and I love it...especially for going in and out of the salt!

Thanks for the input! That is one thing that is really swaying me, even though I don't get into TOO much cop, usually nothing over a foot so it's not too bad.

what part on MD you from? Im in SoMD

I'm in SOMD as well... St.Marys

Went with an RXP... Thanks for the input.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post1706691

see you in the water! im in la plata black/gold RXT

Thread Information