Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

APC intake manifold Testing Completed

I know we brought 5 or 6 of them into the country, has anyone else tested one yet?

We have finally tested one on our Turbo GTI. I am comparing to the old Mach One intake withthe very short runners, as I have not been able to run the stock manifold in years due to high boost, but back inthe day, the stock manifold performed well.

First impressions after remapping quite a bit of low speed stuff (stand alone Haltech) the drivability is 100% now. You could rec rid this boat now, and you could not before. The power was like a light switch.. literally idle, or flat out. Now it revs out on the trailer, and it can be modulated and driven around just like a rec boat, but when asked for full power....oh yes you get full power. I would say that they did a good job at building it. In reality I think it is a pretty good copy of the stock manifold but in aluminum. Another thing that was done VERY well is the injectors are fully deshrouded in the flange, so a wide spray nozzle as I run is not hitting the side of the injector bore when installed. Yes this can be fixed on the Mach One manifold also, but it is not, and needs to be done.

Starit up power, I think they are similar. I am running the same prop in the same water conditions and hitting the revlimiter at the same spot across the lake.. the low speed ridability is the selling point, and it is a very big difference. I only ran 19 psi static, and 23 on over boost, but will fully turn it up on Saturday and set it up strictly for closed course.

The fun factor with the boat has increased 100% That is about all I can say. The water cooler flange is ok, I dont think it is entirely necessary if you have a good intercooler, but if you run hard and let your boat sit alot, heat soak is heat soak, and this eliminates it quickly, but for me, I dont really need it we cool the boat off every time after a moto or test session.

See some photos for reference..

Jerry, I think its a good product, and I think it will make those people tuning with stock remapped ecu's have a much easier time of dialing in ridability at cruising speeds..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GEDC0599.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	240190   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GEDC0592.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	240191   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GEDC0598.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	110.6 KB 
ID:	240192  

+1
    so in your opinion is this intake only good on a motec/haltech ski? how do you think this would perform on a riva/les,rotax ecu setup ski?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis914 View Post
    Jerry, I think its a good product, and I think it will make those people tuning with stock remapped ecu's have a much easier time of dialing in ridability at cruising speeds..
    I think I specifically mentioned that I think this manifold would be good for the stock ECU guys as opposed to the Mach One manifold that was only good for the Motec / Haltech, etc.. guys

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    i was excited when i saw you had purchased one..i knew you would give it a good tesitng and report back...it is really nice looking..

going turbo..and will need one or something..just wow ....it cost as much as my turbo...and i didnt get a cheap turbo..

i am willing to spend some $$$ on my ski..no doubt...but i would have to have alot more expendable cash ..than i do..
    Last edited by breon; 06-13-2011 at 05:56 PM.

+1
    too bad that this manifold could not be made without the watercooling flange to bring the cost and weight down. from what i remember the mach1 manifold was around 5-600 and this one is in the 1700. i know it is more elaborate to make since it uses velocity horns with support and has all the original fittings to make a swap easy but still i believe that if the price was somewhere around 8-900 it would be alot easier to sell in high quantities. however it is still a great product!

Quote Originally Posted by rxpdoo View Post
    too bad that this manifold could not be made without the watercooling flange to bring the cost and weight down. from what i remember the mach1 manifold was around 5-600 and this one is in the 1700. i know it is more elaborate to make since it uses velocity horns with support and has all the original fittings to make a swap easy but still i believe that if the price was somewhere around 8-900 it would be alot easier to sell in high quantities. however it is still a great product!
    +1

as much as it hurt my wallet to get one... i got it ...after seeing it in person .and being a fabricator myself ...i can accually see why they cost so much...there is a omg amout of work in this..looks like the runnders a castings made fromt the stock manifold possibly..lots of welding ..and cnc time..

i trust louis for the testing...i am looking at powder coating mine ..probably with a heat coating to help keep the heat out...

if you go for it ..just realize the shipping isnt 12.95 ..as it comes up in the store..it is like 140..but i got it in less than a week..it is a really nice piece

i will be running on a turbo on a riva ecu ..so ill post what happens..as soon as i can ..but i have been waiting for my turbo for 6 or 7 weeks now...it is killing me..

Last edited by breon; 06-14-2011 at 05:17 PM.

+1
    You will be happy with the manifold.. I am a fabricator and I couldnt do it for the price.. No Way..

What did you pick for a turbo?

garett gtx3076r ...did the tial .08?? ss housing..tial water cooled waistgate..i was watching you as much as i could..your..opinions is welcome..

i had to go down your way today to deliver a zo6 cage to breathless..i almost stopped...to see you..but wasnt paying attension and dont really know my way around down there that well..and drove buy..still would like to talk with you a little..when you get some time..i know you are busy as well..but it is nice to see you around here again..

+1
    Hi Breon,
    Nice to hearing manifold arrived to you with good service EMS Thailpost.( Very Low cost)
    I suggest you to separate water from pump direct to fitting flange for hi flowrate ( 3 way fitting 3/4" x 3/8" x 3/4")heat reject as much as you can
    I run with GT 3076R turbine cast iron A/R 0.63 it make a boost at 5300 RPM. if you choose A/R 0.8 may be boost over 6000 RPM.
    I try to finding TiAl SS turbine housing for GT30 A/R 0.63 but it is out of stock??

Thank you againg for chosen APC Racing Manifold.

Dumri
    APC Racing

Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    garett gtx3076r ...did the tial .08?? ss housing..tial water cooled waistgate..i was watching you as much as i could..your..opinions is welcome..

i had to go down your way today to deliver a zo6 cage to breathless..i almost stopped...to see you..but wasnt paying attension and dont really know my way around down there that well..and drove buy..still would like to talk with you a little..when you get some time..i know you are busy as well..but it is nice to see you around here again..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information