Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

leaking intercooler and now ski is throwing codes- HELP!

First time out this year, my RR intercooler is leaking. I just replaced it with a XS intercooler. Oil had water in it from this-- I have changed the oil several times and it looks fine now. However, the ski throws p1520 coming off full throttle and occasionally at other times. It is also throwing p1111 and check engine light. Ski runs good and gets up to 8000 rpms no problem. It occasionally cuts off and throws a code. Any help??? Is my oil level correct-- seems to be a little high, but I can not imagine it would cause any codes. I am going to order both sensors and replace. Thanks!!!

first you need to replace the leaking i/c... i changed mine to riva gen 2 cooler, second change your oil and oil filter... i bet your oil fiter looks like a crushed beer can... you need to lube your throttle body as well because it will get stuck... ask your dealer to reset the module... if problem persist let me know... where do you ride fresh or salt

I have already replaced the intercooler. I have changed the oil and got all the water out of it. Oil is clean. The oil filter looks fine as well. Throttle body seems fine as well too. Reset what module? I only ride in fresh water. Thanks!

The oil sensor could have some water in it or could have gone out. I find the P1111 strange though, I don't have that code on any of my list. As far as resetting your module, the diagnostic tools only clear faults that have been fixed. There no such thing as resetting the module. What year and model are you working on?

Make sure if you haven't already, take off the intake manifold and get all the water out of it. I've been there and done that.

It is a 2007 RXT-- there is no water in the manifold. The ski runs strong and good, but just throws up a code. I ran it hard for probably a total of 10 minutes or so. It just randomly throws a code. Mostly when coming off of full throttle. Thanks!

+1
    Did you change the oil filter? If not it's probably collapsed.

I did not change it-- it looks fine though. I have some new ones on the way.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by codymouse54321 View Post
    I did not change it-- it looks fine though. I have some new ones on the way.
    Take another look. Water clogs them up.

It did kinda seem heavy. It was not collapsed from the looks of it. I am going to change both sensors and oil filter and re-test. Would oil level have anything to do with this?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information