'07 Supercharger Rebuild - 150 hours

Not sure why I never found this place before now.

I have two skis. 07 RXP 215 & 07 Wake 215, both with 150~ hours. For some reason, I have never heard a word about rebuilding the superchargers @ 100 hours.

Question: why does my 2007 Shop Manual say to inspect the charger @ 200 hours... if it's supposed to have a complete rebuild every 100?

Comments appreciated

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by uscin2003 View Post
    Question: why does my 2007 Shop Manual say to inspect the charger @ 200 hours... if it's supposed to have a complete rebuild every 100?
    It makes you wonder, huh? Apparently, (even after all of the known ceramic supercharger clutch washer failures) BRP didn't notify the consumers or dealerships that - their ceramic clutch washers had a tendency to fail and destroy their engines. Their 2007 user manuals mentioned that they should be serviced @ 50 hours tho. Never the less, my original ceramic clutch washers lasted 62 hours. I apparently didn't heed the warnings on this website.

Oh, Yeah! Welcome to greenhulk.net!

+1
    Welcome to the best pwc site on earth!

See the link just left of your post, "Supercharger Rebuild", DO IT and DO IT NOW. If those ceramic washers come apart you will be looking at several thousand dollars to repair!

Be sure and look through the General Section and "How To" sections - tons of information and advice. Learn how to use the "search" functions.

Welcome!

A thing to note, when checking the slip on the s/c I had to use a 17mm socket vs th 15mm used in the how to I found. What might be the reason for this? I bought the skis new, and they have zero mods.

Edit: As a side note, the slip moment was 88 in/lbs

+1
    >>> CLICK <<<

+1
    A thing to note, when checking the slip on the s/c I had to use a 17mm socket vs th 15mm used in the how to I found. What might be the reason for this? I bought the skis new, and they have zero mods.

Edit: As a side note, the slip moment was 88 in/lbs
    Cause the nuts are 17 mm..Your slip isnt bad, BUT as everybody else has stated,Get them clutches out ASAP or you may be kicking yourself big time...A rebuild kit is 300 dollars while a rebuilt engine is 3000.00....

Just a thought,
    Maybe my stealership replaced the washers and that's why I've had no issues? (wishful thinking i know)

I stopped at Lowe's this morning and got some SS hose clamps. When I get home I'm going to pop of the chargers and have a look at the clutch washers. I read on here that the only real way to tell ceramic vs metal is to test continuity because they look basically the same until they degrade?

+1
    Are the original clamps on the SC and the TB? If so, there is a good chance that the SC has not been out of the ski since new. Most dealers do not use the Oktelier clamps as they are a PITA.... Usually goes with SS norma's

+1
    Just a thought,
    Maybe my stealership replaced the washers and that's why I've had no issues? (wishful thinking i know)

I stopped at Lowe's this morning and got some SS hose clamps. When I get home I'm going to pop of the chargers and have a look at the clutch washers. I read on here that the only real way to tell ceramic vs metal is to test continuity because they look basically the same until they degrade?
    Also, most dealers or your average run of the mill dealers usually do not deal with the chargers too much. My local dealers will not rebuild nor have they ever built one. They want you to buy a new charger for 700 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    Are the original clamps on the SC and the TB?
    Yes it's still the Oktelier clamps. The only reason that thought even crossed my mind is the dealer did the 10/25/50/&100 hours services on it. Then they went out of business

I'm really wanting to pull one out and see which washers are in it, and what condition they might be in. I'm not gonna say I've babied the skis. WOT always last <10 seconds. Not a whole lot of jumping. It would be ironic that I am finding all this info this week... and when I take the charger out the washers happen to be falling apart. Good timing if that were to be the case.

Thread Information