First time Jet-Ski buyer........2011 GTX iS Limited

After several weeks I finally made my decision which dealer to get my new Sea-Doo from.

I had the opportunity to do the Demo Ride at Lake Norman in NC and that was the first time I had ever been on a Jet-Ski. I'm also 53 year old. After riding the GTI 130 first, I was ready to just give up on buying one. But after riding the GTX iS, I found something that I could ride for hours.

I have been lurking on the forum for a good while. It has been very informative. Many ideas to use also. Looks like a great group of people use this forum.

I will be picking it up Saturday and hope to get some pictures up. Went all out on the trailer. Got the Triton Elite WCI with aluminum wheels. Like the steps on the fenders better than the LT WCI.

My friend just bought a 2011 GTX 260 iS LTD and absolutely loves it due to the soft ride. It is hard to keep up with in the rough stuff and looks the goods as well.

+1
    does the suspenion really work that well? I've never ridden one so I wouldn't know.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WBoulton View Post
    does the suspenion really work that well? I've never ridden one so I wouldn't know.
    Yes! It like everything has its pros and cons. It is amazing in the surf. I rode a new Is and As Model the other day. Local guy here ordered an IS and an AS. They are both really really nice. Feels like you are riding air. Definitely a great platform. The neutral aspect and the parking is amazing. Reverse is something that is a little different at first but a great tool; somewhat... The electronics are really neat as hit has GPS based speed. Lots of options and they are big and heavy. He has the 260 versions. I like them, they feel like you are on a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by WBoulton View Post
    Like I said, I'm 53 and new to Jet-Skis. After ridding the GTI 130, I would not have been in the market for any Jet-Ski. It is a smooth ride in open ruff water. Many say there is no difference in the ride on glass top water, but where can you find that much open space to ride at 65 mph without any ruff water?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DoneDunIt View Post
    but where can you find that much open space to ride at 65 mph without any ruff water?
    Sebago lake Maine, at 8am on a full throttle blast around Frye Island!

Thread Information