Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SHO owners: Glove box and trunk lid

Does anyone else have trouble with your glove box not staying closed or your trunk lid vibrating around the mirrors?? My trunk lid vibrates so much that the mirrors are rubbing the paint off underneath them.

I also have my gps mounted to my glove box lid and when I get out in the rough stuff, it keeps coming open. Is there a better latch or fix to keep it shut?

Does anyone have any ideas to fix either of these issues?

Quote Originally Posted by 8upwitHDs View Post
    Does anyone else have trouble with your glove box not staying closed or your trunk lid vibrating around the mirrors?? My trunk lid vibrates so much that the mirrors are rubbing the paint off underneath them.

I also have my gps mounted to my glove box lid and when I get out in the rough stuff, it keeps coming open. Is there a better latch or fix to keep it shut?

Does anyone have any ideas to fix either of these issues?
    Hi,
    I had the same issues. I took off the mirror and it seems that it jst solve the truck lid vibration thing. About the glovebox, I don't have any solution than heavy duty tape on it

+1
    Here's how to fix the shaking mirrors: Look under the mirror pods & you'll see some rubber pads...they're not thick enough. Get some thicher rubber material & glue it to the bottom of the mirror pods so that they are supported when you close the hood. I had some hydroturf laying around so I doubled it up & used that...no shaky mirors ever since & you can't see it when the hood is closed. Mine was a little tight at first so I had to press down on the hood to pop the latch, but after a few days the HT compacted a little & that problem went away.

The glove box lid is not a good mounting spot for a GPS if you ride in rough water...as you've learned. Best thing is to move the mount. A friend of mine used a RAM mount & put it on the center plastic console up near the cupholder. It works perfect & is a better place since you don't have to look down while reading it. Depending on the weight of the GPS you use, it might be a good idea to fab up a little aluminum backing plate to spread the weight on the plastic console.

Thanks guys. I will definetley drop by Home Depot tomorrow to see what options there are for that vibrating mirror problem. I am glad to know that I am not the only one that has this problem.

As for the GPS location, I tried mine up in the cup holder area and I hated it there. Hopefully I can come up with a creative solution for that as well.

Neighborhood Superman SlowStang305's Avatar
    +1
    Yeah man, the SHO is known to have the hood rattle.

+1
    Nice! Im gonna try to extra rubber under the mirrors, cause mine rattle a little bit as well. Ive always wondered about this. Seems kinda cheap to me, but at least there is a fix.

+1... thick foam tape did the trick

+1
    Any solutions to the glove box coming open (besides tape). I think mine came open about 4 times just this weekend.... Started getting really annoying.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 8upwitHDs View Post
    As for the GPS location, I tried mine up in the cup holder area and I hated it there. Hopefully I can come up with a creative solution for that as well.
    Did you mount the cradle horizontal? If so, I can see why you wouldn't like that.

Here's what I meant(see pic). With Ram-mounts you can customize it however you want it with different lenght arms, bases & cradle mount positions. They make cradles for just about every GPS model. Obviously, you would want to use a bolt down base instead of the suction mount like my pic. The bases are a little small, which is why I suggested fabbing up some sort of backing plate in my previous post to help prevent it from cracking the plastic console. You can see in the pic that it places the GPS plenty high enough to easily read without the handlebars being in the way.
    http://www.ram-mount.com/CatalogResu...5/Default.aspx
    If you don't like it on the console & have aftermarket handlebars on you ski you could use this:
    http://www.ram-mount.com/CatalogResu...5/Default.aspx

I might sound like a RM salesman, but after using the chinsy Garmin mounts that fall apart in salt water & aren't very strong, I was very impressed by these.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9816.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	240792   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9817.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	167.6 KB 
ID:	240793  

+1
    If you want to get a little crazy, you could do a handlebar mount like this:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9818.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	240794  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information