+1

1200 fuel question

Ok so I had a local yamaha dealership rebuild the top end of my wife's 1200R and I also added a d plate,13/19 impeller New RP and grate also flame arrestors and some reed stuffers now the shop tech calls me and says he doesn't know about rejettin the carbs so I call around and various shops tell me to have him rebuild them to OE specs and then give em 1/2 a turn on high speed needles??? Soun about right rich with Wfo wants me to have them taken off and send them to him which I would love to do but I'm pressed for time and quite honestly I just went from spending 1000 for a tune up to 2200 for a rebuild since it had low compression... I'm sorry rich... But daddies ski will definitely be brought to u if we can ever find some 1300 cylinders and pistons!!! But I just want to be sure the ski will be ok it's got the stock mikunis and they have just been totally rebuilt.... Thanks guys

+1
    the stock 1200r carbs have tamper caps in the carbs so you cant mess with the high and lows. most people put too much emphasis on them anyways and mess things up. there just little metal things in the holes where the screws are so you cant get to them unless you drill them out.

to get carbs right you need to get mikinuki carb rebuild kits and replace everything in there. osidebill on here is the resident carb god, you can send him your carbs and he will redo all 3 of them with the kits, tune them, and clean everything. thats a great deal right there.

+1
    Well they already replaced everything in there and rebuilt the carbs completely... And if I do end up taken them off and sending them off rich has been helping me throughout the build so ultimately the business will be his thanks.

Nate

+1
    Ok reading this post I didn't mean to come off rude or step on any toes
    I'm new to the forum and tryin to get educated and learn to do some stuff myself. I'm sure osidebill is a great mechanic but rich with wfo and he's been a huge help since I also have a modded 1200R that blew up and were in the process of finding a 1300 topend to finish the build.. But that aside I'm tryin to get out of callin this shop stopping them to pull the carbs send them off and all that good stuff I just want them to pull the tamper caps adjust it and be done with it I guess is what I want to hear...lol thanks guys.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gp1200R View Post
    Ok reading this post I didn't mean to come off rude or step on any toes
    I'm new to the forum and tryin to get educated and learn to do some stuff myself. I'm sure osidebill is a great mechanic but rich with wfo and he's been a huge help since I also have a modded 1200R that blew up and were in the process of finding a 1300 topend to finish the build.. But that aside I'm tryin to get out of callin this shop stopping them to pull the carbs send them off and all that good stuff I just want them to pull the tamper caps adjust it and be done with it I guess is what I want to hear...lol thanks guys.
    no toe-steppin-on that I see... Bill knows hes not the only one on this board that can rebuild/rejet carbs

Thread Information