Wanted: Owners Manual 2007 Speedster 150 pdf

I bought my boat private party Speedster 150 215SC used about 18 months ago and did not get the owner's manual. I'd really like to have it. Does anyone have a pdf of the manual they would be willing to share? j u n k b z at g m a i l

Most pressing right now is towing behind a houseboat... need to see if this is a model that requires a hose to be clamped... and which hose. But I'd really like the whole manual. Thanks in advance.

This is from the '07 shop manual. It's 50MB; not sure how I could deliver it to ya.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.jpg 
Views:	682 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	240405  

Seems to be, you want to clamp the hose that goes into your intercooler (hose going to the side of the engine opposite the supercharger). Here's an old thread where someone installed a shut-off valve:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ghlight=towing

Thank you so much for your response. Man what a serious PITA this will be. I'm really not looking forward to removing cargo, pulling the shelf, crawling into the engine bay, and clamping this every time we tow. We'll be going on a 4-day houseboat trip and this will be embarrassing and will piss me off every time I have to do, then un-do this.

We will be on a 75' houseboat with top speeds near 15mph, although I doubt we'll take it more than 10mph very often. In addition, I plan on towing far behind (105' rope, to tow around 60-90 feet back) so I wonder if I can get away without doing this at all if we keep it under 10mph.

Still not sure about what hose to clamp. Here we are on the opposite side of motor from SC. Any of these hoses the right one?

What I meant was, 180 degrees opposite side; I guess we'll call it the front of the engine, as opposed to the SC being on the back of the engine. That is were the stock intercooler hose connects. Water flows from the pump, through the intercooler, then out to the exhaust. In your picture, it's #3 with the green stripe (#1 and #2 is coolant in/out of your thermostat).

I really wouldn't sweat about, or be embarrassed by, having to clamp the hose, it's really the easiest thing you'll ever do to the boat. Instead of being embarrassed, you should see it more like you're showing others that you possess the expertise and know how, to take care of your fine high-powered watercraft. With that said, I've been towed a couple of times, very slowly, with no ill effect. Peace of mind, clamping it though, so you don't worry about it.

As you might of saw in the link I included, it's really simple to install an on/off valve in the line. Also, I highly recommend putting a Groco strainer on the same line (cheap). Us with external intercoolers use the stainer to keep the debris from blocking the intercooler water line, but I remember when I was stock, I sucked up some sand which clogged that internal IC and I lost 300rpms. It was a four hours job, taking it out and flushing it. Kind of dumb that it's not a stock feature of the boat (but then the service centers might get less business). You do have to dump the crud out of the strainer cup from time to time, which you might view as much of a pain as clamping, but at least you get to see the crud that didn't get stuck in your intercooler.

Scott thanks so much for your help. For this trip and to keep in the boat I had already ordered the hose pincher off Amazon. Now that I know which hose it is, I can see it is pretty easy to access and installing a valve would be a 20-minute job that I'll do in the future. I'm surprised the mfgr doesn't better identify the hose with a tag or something... or maybe that's what the green-stripe is for. I've never had my IC off, either, and it sounds like I should pull it and flush it next off season. Or upgrade it. And definitely put in a strainer. I bet it has a fair share of crap in it. Does it self-flush if given enough time and clean water or is stuff forever trapped? Again thanks for the help.. not easy finding good Seadoo help in Colorado.. don't really trust the dealers expertise either.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy on the water View Post
    Scott thanks so much for your help. For this trip and to keep in the boat I had already ordered the hose pincher off Amazon. Now that I know which hose it is, I can see it is pretty easy to access and installing a valve would be a 20-minute job that I'll do in the future. I'm surprised the mfgr doesn't better identify the hose with a tag or something... or maybe that's what the green-stripe is for. I've never had my IC off, either, and it sounds like I should pull it and flush it next off season. Or upgrade it. And definitely put in a strainer. I bet it has a fair share of crap in it. Does it self-flush if given enough time and clean water or is stuff forever trapped? Again thanks for the help.. not easy finding good Seadoo help in Colorado.. don't really trust the dealers expertise either.
    If you don't feel your top RPMs have taken a hit, then your IC is fine. It does self-flush as water flows through it, but can totally clog too, which, not only will lower your permormance, but will overheat your exhaust eventually too.

Thread Information