Help with cam spec

Hello
    is there anyone who knows what the intake cam from vxr have for spec
    vs intake cam from fxho

+1
    There is no great deal of a big measurable difference between the two cams... (lobe wise)

The VXR N,A. cam only has about .004-.005 thou more lift, and 2 degrees more duration. The big difference is the bolt in lobe center difference on the two cams. The FZR/SHO intake cam installs at 122, and the VXR intake cam installs at 114.

That's a big difference in cam lobe advancement.

Say you bolt in a set of N.A. cams and they feel great.... WHY..... because the lobe centers are WAY different. You have better power because of the narrower LSA.

Now if you put the R&D cam gears on the FZR/SHO cams, you will have even more power overall because the exhaust cam wont be TOO far advanced.

The exhaust cam on the VXR is 108 and that is a little too far advanced in lobe center for the supercharged engine.......115-112 is great, which is attainable with the R&D cam gears.

NOW, because there isn't much of a real difference in lift, that's why R&D has the RC2 cam profile. It's got WAY more lift and duration over the N.A. cams, and have proven so far to be the best cams available for the Yamaha engine.

I know I did way more than just answer your question about the difference in specs but I just wanted to add in some other info to think about when deciding to play around with the cams in these engines. A lot of the info is straight from R&D and some of my own experience in playing around with my cams.

3. +1 by:

+1
    RC3's here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RC3cams.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	115.0 KB 
ID:	240270

ok thanks for the info.
    I ordered two intake cams from ho

Is there any difference between the VX and the VXR N/A cams? Should I go VXR if I already have VX cams? Someone mentioned R&D RC2 (and even an RC3) which is the best performing and at what degrees should they be installed at? I do have adjustable cam gears installed but left the VX at 0 deg. I guess because they already come with more advanced timing?

So stock oem setup, fx ho /vxr intake cam is better because of its marginal difference in lift and it's lobe center? Is it built into the cam or a difference in the oem cam gear? About to do valvetrain and have access to fx ho cams. If it is any better than the sho intake cam and cheaper than cam gears of want to do it. Just need someone who knows to confirm. Also is it true the sho cams are better than svho cams? Looking for best oem setup before I go buy aftermarket cams and cam gears.

Thread Information