Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Installed my x charger, tested it, broke something:(

So I finally started modding my ski with the parts I've collected over the winter. I installed the riva rear intake, x charger, Injectors, riva intake grate, and a 15/22 prop. I removed the pump myself and took it to the dealer to have the prop changed. I took it out for testing today after work. Ran great for the first hour or so. The ski was hitting 8160rpms. I was scared it wasn't gonna be able to turn that prop. I thought my hole shot would be better than it was, but maybe I was expecting to much. It had a little cavitation, but not to much.
    Now, the problem. I went to race a stock 04 rxp and we were dead even. I didn't see the tac when we race so I don't know what it was revving. We turned around to race again and soon as I hit the gas the ski started shaking. I pulled the ski off to the side to see if I sucked something up, but nothing. Took it back out, as soon as I hit the gas it shakes away. I loaded up, came home, and pulled the pump back off. Everything looks pretty good. The wear ring has some groves, but nothing major. Looks the same as it did before. Any ideas as to what is going on??

+1
    Take a closer look!

I had a 1cm piece of plastic do the same thing - it ruined my day. (see picture) It doesn't take much, to get stuck in the pump, to ruin your day.

+1
    Hmm, I found a small wood chip laying on the ride plate after I pulled my pump. Maybe that was stuck in there?

+1
    Had the same thing happen to me this past weekend because the wife thought she could steer over the ski rope. After 3 hours trying to get it out of the grate in the water finally cleared enough out to idle back to dock and get the rest out there. Best of luck WBOULTON I hope that that is all it was for you some piece of wood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigo View Post
    Take a closer look!

I had a 1cm piece of plastic do the same thing - it ruined my day. (see picture) It doesn't take much, to get stuck in the pump, to ruin your day.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WBoulton View Post
    Hmm, I found a small wood chip laying on the ride plate after I pulled my pump. Maybe that was stuck in there?
    my $$ on yes.

Yeah I'd really look at everything drivetrain related there. Did the nose cone come off the impeller and walk up the shaft? All the shark teeth in the pump intact? Any impeller damage?

If you need a hand wrenching I'm not too far away from you in York...and i have impeller tool, s/c tool set, etc.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheels-X View Post
    Yeah I'd really look at everything drivetrain related there. Did the nose cone come off the impeller and walk up the shaft? All the shark teeth in the pump intact? Any impeller damage?

If you need a hand wrenching I'm not too far away from you in York...and i have impeller tool, s/c tool set, etc.
    hey, thanks! yeah, everything looks good in there. the prop has no damage, nose cone is good, the teeth are all good. I don't see any damage. the wear ring is a little worn, but not too bad. only thing i found was that wood chip laying on the ride plate after I pulled the pump. ski runs fine on the trailer. revs up with no shaking or anything.

+1
    I'm thinking the same thing happened to me yesterday. After inspection on a lift(I looked in discharge end/ a friend looked in intake) we saw nothing. I went to limp back to trailer and hit the throttle - BLAM! Something shot out I think... ran fine @ full throttle. Went over the ski this morning and everything looked good. I guess on the lift we looked for something larger like a bag or rope. Good luck!

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    The prop has a torque spec, 180ft lbs or something,check that....but it must be done cause when ur runnin fast and let off quick it will spin loose on the pump shaft and it causes the driveshaft to push against the crank on the engine eating up the thrust washer in the crank journal,ask me how i know.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sea-one View Post
    The prop has a torque spec, 180ft lbs or something.

The prop's torque spec is 92ft lbs.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information