Msx 150, new wastegate and still not working

Recently bought the upgraded wastegate from watcon.com road my jet ski with out the seat and the linkage lever doesnt move like if its not getting air.... I checked all the hoses clamps and there nice and tight so I know theres no air leak.. Rpm max stays between 4600 & 4700 any ideas people?

+1
    Hi Lopezmabin,

Is the red light continue to flash after initial start up?

If not is the wastegate adjusted properly? the acuator will not move if you are not building up suffficent pressure. Remove the link and make sure the waste gate is fully closed. There is a measurement listed, you would have to do a search to find it. To start with make sure it is closed with some added pressure from the actuator spring.

Thanks for the info kosh... The red light turns off after srart up... I removed the hose that goes from the turbo to the intercooler and theres alot of oil.. And the turbo is not blowing that hard. I think I blew the turbo

+1
    Doesn't sound good.

Do you still have the hose from the oil tank to air box in place? Oil can enter from here if overfilled.

If oil has made it to the two map sensors these will need replacing, this will cause lack of power.

You should get a gust of wind similar to your wife's hair dryer coming from the turbo outlet ( not to be sexist maybe your hair dryer)

I just recently bought the updated oil tank & the instruction says that oil line is eliminated going to new oil tank it looks like if it goes back to the engine. My turbo doesn't sound like a hair dryer..haha it blows but that fast.

Thread Information