Random question for VX1

How fast would the newest SCIC 510hp speedster 200 go if it had all the mods you had on both of its engines? Just wondering

Quote Originally Posted by gie187 View Post
    How fast would the newest SCIC 510hp speedster 200 go if it had all the mods you had on both of its engines? Just wondering
    Member "somefun" took his 430hp S200 to 73mph after his mods; he said it was only 58mph tops when stock. Might have been on a river in a slight current, though. I think he got bored with it at that point and sold it.

You've got to remember that I started out with a 215hp; mine would do 55-57mph stock. With all my mods, I'm still maybe only 25hp above where the stock 255hp engine starts at, so with my mods on that S200, you'd be up 50hp, which will only net another 4mph. If a 510hp Speedster will do 64mph stock, it'll do 68mph with my mods. Somefun had aftermarket ECUs, which is good for another 3-4mph. Over 70mph, it starts getting where you'd have to add an exponential amount of power to overcome the drag. I feel like I'm at that point with my S150 at 65mph. I'll get an ECU someday, though, and push it to 67mph+.

Damn that's pretty fast. And I can't imagine the a 150 going 67+. I'd be way to scared to hit top speed in that little boat.

Quote Originally Posted by gie187 View Post
    Damn that's pretty fast. And I can't imagine the a 150 going 67+. I'd be way to scared to hit top speed in that little boat.
    The way I see it, if these Green Hulk guys have the balls to do 80mph+ on a ski, then I should be able to handle 67 in the boat.

I will say this... in its stock form, there's almost no stupid maneuver you could do to produce disasterous results, short of running into something; it's a very safe and stable boat. But, I'm approaching a level of modification that would allow one to do something stupid and have a very bad day, without a bit of vigilance. Certainly something I'm very mindful of when carrying passengers.

Thread Information