need help with my 96 seadoo xp's im stumped!

hey guys i have been searching for answeres everywere so ima try here, okay i bought 2 96xps in march, i put a new motor in one and new batteries in both, I have been threw the carbs and fuel lines on both everything looks great. I finally got both skis running pretty good, here is my problem....

ski 1
    It runs great and will sometimes start to kinda bog or surge (like full throttle will be going like 10 mph and studdering) but then i can keep giving it gas and it will get back to working great, or i can turn the power off and then turn it on while holding throttle down and it will hall but again, it only does this from time to time, Today i checked the battery volts and it was 12.3 i then started it and reved it up a little and it stays around 12.3-12.5..... i have put new plugs and cut plug wires and idk were else to go with this ski

ski 2
    It has always ran great for me and halls but, i have gond threw the carbs and cleaned them and i still never really have a problem with this ski, i checked battery volts today and it was like 12.4 i then turned it on and it just goes to 1 if i rev it or whatever it stays at 1 as long as ski is on? so i have a extra recitifier i ordered a while back i threw that on there and it does the same thing? what would this mean i have never had problems out of it and i have been out with the skis about 10 times so far this season

also both skis have good compression

ski 1
    150psi, 147psi

ski 2
    150psi, 150 psi

thanks guys and sorry for the long post just trying to cover all what i have done

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    Mahomet, Il. USA
    when you cleaned the carbs did you pull the little filter screens and replace the needle and seats on ski #1? as for ski #2 sounds like the pick up in the mag housing is faulting. does the ski die after about 10-15 mins on the water with a dead battery?

Hey man thanks for the reply i am mainly worried about the ski that just went to 1 so i went ahead and switched the volt metere to 200 dcv and then i found out why it was going to 1 it was because it was higher than 20v so i checked the ski it says 12.3 and then when i turn the ski on it goes to like 139.8 and moves around from there like to 144.5 that is just weird i put a new recitifier in the other ski and it starts at 12.3 and it moves to about 12.9 so i am not to worried about them

Thread Information