Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FX HO anchor

FX HO anchor

I plan to ride in the ocean and want to carry an anchor for safety. If I have trouble I dont want to drift to France. Can anyone recommend an anchor ? I see these little 3 lbs anchors and wonder if the will hold bottom when you need it to.

+1
    I have a small 3lbs (i think) grapple style anchor. It works well but you'll have a little drift. My best advice is to get the anchor that comes in a padded bag so it doesn't bounce all over when you ride.

+1
    See image, this is what i use 3 or 5 lbs can't remember. I put the anchor in the fire extinguisher in the rear. Holds great on a rocky bottom, but no good in sand.

+1
    i have tried both the grapple pictured above, a sandbag filled anchor, but since threw them out as nothing and i mean nothing beats this or holds as good as it i have even had two skis tied to it on a beach break and the skis did not move the harder you pull the deeper it buries and holds. its made of nylon and is very compact all my friends now have them and all are more than happy.
    http://cooperanchors.com.au/

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    i have tried both the grapple pictured above, a sandbag filled anchor, but since threw them out as nothing and i mean nothing beats this or holds as good as it i have even had two skis tied to it on a beach break and the skis did not move the harder you pull the deeper it buries and holds. its made of nylon and is very compact all my friends now have them and all are more than happy.
    Only problem with those style of anchors is that they are a bitch to pull up when you are done using it. You have to reposition your craft "upriver" from where it dug in to retrieve it. And even then, you gotta have a little bit of muscle to get it out of the sandy bottom.

Working on a river with high currents like i do, we use these types of anchors and yes, they work great at keeping you in place, but as i said, they can be difficult to work with. Especially if you are not very familiar with them.

For me, it looks like that would be a great anchor in the high current waters i ride in. Thanks for that link!

IMO, Best anchor on the market.

http://www.slideanchor.com

Box anchor

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolmc View Post
    IMO, Best anchor on the market.

http://www.slideanchor.com

Box anchor
    We had one of these in one of our spill response boats here at work. Awesome anchor, though highly priced. We lost it unfortunately. Somehow it had became wedged between a couple rocks(or so we think) and ended up having to cut the line cause we just couldnt bring it up.

I really cant see using it on a waverunner though... unless they have a tiny version of it.

+1
    They make a "Baby Box Anchor" specifically for PWC - pricey @ $120, but they do work really well.

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    Looks like a great anchor and light to boot. No U.S. dealers though.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffz1 View Post
    I plan to ride in the ocean and want to carry an anchor for safety. If I have trouble I dont want to drift to France. Can anyone recommend an anchor ? I see these little 3 lbs anchors and wonder if the will hold bottom when you need it to.

IF you drift to France,you can come at my home !! lol !!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information