Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1

Worx Grate lost 3mph

I don't how much old gasoline contributed to this, but I'm sure it had some effect. All I could muster on a light load of fuel was 69.5 and it would not go past 7800 rpm. On the stock iS grate I was running 72.1 at 8180.

I know how to calculate slip on a prop boat, but how is it calculated for a jet? What's acceptable slip?

Is she biting more at 69.5 at 7800 or 72.1 at 8180???

I'm guessing that an air intake may be in my future. For the time being, I'm back to my stock grate and maybe I'll have an opportunity to run both on the same day.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by UNSANE View Post
    I don't how much old gasoline contributed to this, but I'm sure it had some effect. All I could muster on a light load of fuel was 69.5 and it would not go past 7800 rpm. On the stock iS grate I was running 72.1 at 8180.

I know how to calculate slip on a prop boat, but how is it calculated for a jet? What's acceptable slip?

I'm guessing that an air intake may be in my future. For the time being, I'm back to my stock grate and maybe I'll have an opportunity to run both on the same day.
    check that it is not hanging down below the ride plate as that will harm speed, The grate is basically loading up the prop better hence the lower RPM, it will have made your hookup better as it's filling the tunnel and therefore jet pump more efficiently.

If you re-pitched your prop to get the revs back where they should be you would be faster with improved hookup and drive out of turns ect ect. But if your going to fit a air intake it would be worth waiting till you have that before playing with the prop.

R88

+1
    PM me if you want to sell it

+1

I would run/test both back to back same day. We tested the stock IS gtate against the worx grate on a 2009 RXT IS. The IS grate is definately faster but on our ski but there was only about a 1/2-3/4 MPH difference.

The worx grate also unhooks in the chop a lot more compared to the IS grate. I would stick with the IS grate until you begin to reach 74+ MPH then swap it for the worx when riding smooth water at max speed (trim all the way up).

If you don't you will know what it feels like to ride Fu Man Choo... Seriously the ski will buck and at some point you will go flying head first. Not good..

Good luck...

+1
    I would try to get a back to back test in same conditions.
    I have never seen a grate change differ in rpm by 300 rpm.
    They will differ in speed but should not change rpm that much.

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1
    I put back the stock grate and ran 71 with 2 people on board at almost 8100 rpm with 3 bars of fuel. Never got a chance to make a run alone.

I looked into air intakes and "officially" none are made for the iS skis. Not sure if anyone here has put one on their iS yet. Will hold onto the grate for the short term.

+1
    i have the same ski fizzle makes the intake running 76/77 mph 8250 rmp still dialing it in hope to break 80 mph thats pretty good for a big old counch

Thread Information