+1

CNC Router coming soon

Hey guys. I have had a CNC Plasma machine for awhile now. I am switching to a router attachment. I will be able to cut/mill/route plastics, composites, carbon fiber if I can keep the dust down, and maybe even aluminum depending on if it needs coolant or something to help keep the bit cool.

If anyone needs anything custom made or designed/cut let me know. Doesn't have to be for jet skis. I got another guy on a forum asking for some custom rc parts. I will also be doing some plastic work for atvs.

Here are some vids of what it can do or look like so you understand what I am talking about:

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    I got some stuff I need cut out of Acrylic. Would look a lot better CNC cut than me free handing it with the Dremel and I need 20 pieces exactly the same. How long we talking till you are up and running?

+1
    Probably 2 weeks or so. I was going to order the router tomorrow and start switching over the machine, but I got a customer sending a piece to copy for resale and a design he drew that he wants to produce on the plasma. So I cant switch it right yet since i got this job coming shortly.

Id love to cut those pieces though for ya. Send me a PM a little later on and see where Im at with it.

+1
    TTT. Sorry for the delay. Prolly another 2 weeks. Had family things going on.

You will have to use a good coolant to cut aluminium .. use a ski carb 2 flute endmill with lots of coolant and should work with lite cuts..

+1
    Thankx for the help.

+1
    Finally got the router bought. Had to find a buyer for my plasma first. Will be ready for work in like 2 weeks. Could make custom sponsons proly. Mirror gauges. Plastic.... cf..... ect.

Hit me up if you need anything.

+1
    Almost got it fully setup. Here are some sample pieces of plexiglass. The black part is made from steel. I just did the same drawing from plexiglass to see how it turned out. Looks great.... Just has a small bump from when the piece let go after it was cut. Will figure out a way to hold it.

This is from lexan:

And here is one of the machine:

Here is some cool material that has different color layers. Then it can be engraved and reveal the colors. Some ideas are on their site:
    http://www.kingplastic.com/products/...ing-colorcore/

Thread Information