98 GTX Limited high rev on land

First off very, very new to the sport picked up this ski only a few weeks ago and love it so far for a fist ski. When I got it the guy who owned it said that it had after market flame arresters on it. He also warned me that when running it on land it did something he called a lean rev, and sure enough it does rev very high during after use flush. I have to try and keep the rpms down by working the choke, is there anything I can do to fix this other than go back to the factory set up. Any help for this newbie would be great. thanks

I would say it is time to check this thread out.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ystem-Cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by RumRunnerRon View Post
    I would say it is time to check this thread out.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ystem-Cleaning
    Thanks will read thru it again. The ski runs like a top in the water no issues in the water just when its out of the water that it revs high.

Quote Originally Posted by supp cuzz View Post
    Thanks will read thru it again. The ski runs like a top in the water no issues in the water just when its out of the water that it revs high.

What are you considering,"revs high"? Out of the water it will be around 3000rpms. A lean rev is when the engine takes off like WOT and won't shut down. During a runaway situation the only way really to get control again is to use the choke. I know the sticky says there is a primary symptom but, lean is lean. A runaway situation is caused by an extreme lean condition that builds enough heat in the combustion chamber that when you hit the kill switch it continues to ignite the fuel. Being that it is carb'd it will continue to pull fuel. That sticky is just full of the info of what to look for so you clean the fuel system properly. This is where I would start. If anyone feels I've just blown smoke up your pipe they will be along to say such. That is what is great about this site. Lot's of people here who know their chit.

RumRunnerRon, what you are describing is exactly what it is doing so I have started the full cleaning process as is does take off and I have to choke it to kill it. I just wanted to to make sure is was not some poor or incomplete mods done by the former owner. Thanks again for the info and guidance!

Thread Information