First Submarine- FX140 Cruiser

Funny thing is it was not on the blaster i recently aquired it was on my FX140 Cruiser my 3 seater couch. Was not really on purpose either just kinda came off of a wave funny on the south side of the islands she kinda barrel rolled about half way and nose first into the water she went i just sorta hunkered down behind the bars and the bar pad. Kinda went in at a angle, nose down ass up and came back up out of the water nose up ass down. Never really checked up off the throttle went in the water and when it went under kinda gassed on it and when i came up i just hammered back down on the throttle and off we went.

Couple people on the island were like we saw you jump the wave and then it was just gone then it popped back up like nothing happened. Once it was all over and done with i just kinda laughed about it. As the ski kinda half way rolled over in the air all i could think was dam this is about to hurt but suprisingly enough it was not too bad. other than the fact i was lying superman style on the seat when it went nose in the water and just about didnt come back up with my trunks lol. Figured superman style on the seat woulkd be less likely to pull me off the ski. It was a interesting feeling, strange but interesting.

+1
    I know where you are coming from! I have submarined my FXHO several times.......never on purpose though! We get some horrible currents at certain points around the Island, & if wind is against tide you can get confused, choppy waves. You can go over one & then bang....straight under the next.....the whole ski is under the water.....only for a second or two, but completly submerged!

Yea i jumped one wave and i guess it just came off funny or something cause the wind was not too bad not gusty anyhow just a steady breeze. I considered it weird and probably just one of those freaks of nature and thought nothing of it once i figured out what happened lol.

I finally got my '93 wave blaster into the water today and got to spend some time on it but it felt like it still had a few issues as i was running it felt like it was running out of fuel on anything above half throttle. Pulled it out of the water and figured that was good enough for a ski that had not run since 1996 and went home. Once i got home and i opened the hood to flush it out and rinse any water out i noticed the spark plugs looked funny, looked longer, both of them, so i pushed on the plug boot and it went down about half a inch. It appears that the plug caps are showing their age and are not fitting as tight, along with the vibration of the engine it is causint the spark to give out at higher revs.
    I must say that going from a big heavy 3 seater comfy couch to a 1 seater 8' long 2' wide 3xx lb creature is a diffrent experience. Small wakes equal big air as to where you would never feel them on the FX140C

I must say it is Deff a "Blast"

I've submarined my old GP 800 plenty of times, on purpose though. My cousin had a 23 ft ski boat he would trim down, do figure 8's and make for some awesome waves! The first time it happened it scared the Yamalube out of me! But then I decided to try to replicate it...and I did! LOL!

Freaky feeling when you're on a ski, upright, and even your head is underwater!!! It shot back out of the water every time though...and lost plenty of decent sun glasses in the process.

yea luckilly i purchased a float for my glasses the night before, they didnt come off my face but it was pretty close

Thread Information