Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

No More Water spots!!!

Well, I have to say that after many years of fighting the hard water spots, trying every wax and chemical known to man I finally have found the easy button for keeping hard water spots off my ski-permanently!! And of course, I have to give the credit to one of our distant board members for sharing this little secret.
    At first, I have to admit, I was skeptical. But, being an avid user of this product I was eager to give it a try. So, this week I wiped my entire ski down with Fluid Film( and wiped excess off....no it didn't feel or look greasy) and ventured out on one of our Canyon Lakes looking for a good fight! As I've stated before, our canyon lakes here in Arizona have some of the hardest water/calcium spots in the world. Until now nothing has worked without going to great lengths and a lot of elbow grease.
    After an all day ride at the lake, I returned home(didn't even bother to clean ski at sight) and used a simple soapy solution to wipe down and rinse skis off. Wow!! there was not one hard water spot on our skis after being at the lake all day. And mind you we had above 100 degree temps and as you know those water spots can really get baked on in those kind of temps!
    The Fluid Film stayed on without being washed off(after all that is what it is known for)
    I wiped down everything including my mats and vinyl area. My steering column and sponsons looked brand new afterwards and wasnt necessary to even rinse them off!!
    So, there you go..no more excuses for water stains!

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    Very cool! Where can a guy get some?

+1
    I ordered a case from a guy on GH but I read that West Marine also carries it.

+1
    Great. Thanks for the info. I know hydrotoys will like to hear about that.

+1
    It is the best alround protector I have come across!

For any guys in the UK, it is available from [email protected]
    www.marineco.co.uk

A really good company to deal with......if they do not have a stockist near you they are happy to mail order.

If any member on here hasn't tried it and lives in the US, just PM me your contact info and I'll get a sample can out at no charge.

+1
    Thanks Dan! These guys will love it!! Ducky can't touch it, vinegar an water is second at best and Fluid Film is so safe for your paint!!! No one can appreciat it like us guys in Arizona do!! I always dreaded at the end of the day, after a great day on the water, having to come in and fight the spots. Now, the worst part of taking our skis out on the water has been totally illiminated!

I'm a new member here with an 2010 FX SHO in black, I found this site by accident looking for something for water spots. This worked out great. Who buys a black ski in TEXAS!!!! Will it work on plexiglass as well. My boat has a black windshield that is a spot magnet.

+1
    How does it work on the engine or any part that gets hot? Does it leave a residue?

+1
    It leaves a light film over the engine.......but it will stay on with heat & stay on for along time. It does not dry out, harden or crack. It does not get washed of either if the engine is washed down.
    It is made with Lanolin (woolwax) so contains no solvents & is environmentally freindly. Try it you will not be dissapointed!

I'll be getting a offered a job with FF at this rate lol........there are other similar products........Lanotec, Prolan, Lanox etc, but fluid film is probably the best known.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information