Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Please help hull flooding!!!!!

Hey guys I went to try ouyt the new intake and new impeller with wear ring today however it was short lived. The hull filled up with water twice pretty quickly and was as high as the SC. Any ideas what could cause this I followed the diy for impeller swap but may have messed up somewhere? Anyways I took all the plastic out of the front intake and rear plastic from grab handle could this be the cause? Pease help staying up to fix to hiot the water tommorow thanks!!!!

+1
    Did you do any work in the carbon seal area? What about the lines to the pump?

Wesley Chapel, FL. Y L Isla Del Encato PR.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmk82nd View Post
    Hey guys I went to try ouyt the new intake and new impeller with wear ring today however it was short lived. The hull filled up with water twice pretty quickly and was as high as the SC. Any ideas what could cause this I followed the diy for impeller swap but may have messed up somewhere? Anyways I took all the plastic out of the front intake and rear plastic from grab handle could this be the cause? Pease help staying up to fix to hiot the water tommorow thanks!!!!
    wow man that is scary but yu eed to find out the problem before thinking about going out tomorrow. rushing things like this can get you in serious trouble. Find the problem and correct it. Do you have a bilge pump?

+1
    No bilge pump and and didn't know lines connect to the pump where at? Carbon seal hasn't been touched but it ran fine with the 42's and x charger last weekend and has happen only today since i installed impeller yesturday. Also if I move the sterring nozzle back and forth I can hear water almost like a suction hard to explain.

+1
    you could take it to the boat ramp, and while on the trailer, run it, and look for leaks, OR run it on the hose to look for bad hoses, OR

put the plugs in, tilt the trlr back, and fill the inside of the hull with water till it just covers the driveshaft seal area, and look externally for water to leak out. Just make sure u don't get it into the Supercharger.

+1
    Also Check your prop nose cone to make sure it didnt walk up the shaft and is up against the carbon seal..Also check to make sure the carbon seal isnt bad,Just cause it wasnt touched doesnt mean something couldnt have got sucked up into it and messed it up too..

+1
    So I got the impeller out and on the last bolt of the pumpbolts a loud pop went off like it was relieving pressure ever had this happen? Found my o ring in nose cone half on and some rubber thing 1/3 way from where the impeller feeds into on the teeth. I am going to see if this is my carbon seal that shifted to the back or is this suppose to be up agaist impeller teeth on shaft?

+1
    Any pics?
    Sounds like your describing the nose cone.

+1
    It was the nose cone couldn't find it yesturday but today low and behold lol. Do you think this could have caused it?

+1
    Yes, if it slides upshaft it can put pressure on carbon ring.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information