Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Supercharger housing shims/spacer washers

Should spacer washers/shims be placed between the housing and engine on all Seadoo supercharger models? SBT says they should with their rebuild kits but Seadoo says they are used only on the 185HP models.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by PWCGEEK View Post
    Should spacer washers/shims be placed between the housing and engine on all Seadoo supercharger models? SBT says they should with their rebuild kits but Seadoo says they are used only on the 185HP models.
    Only on the 185 models...DO NOT use the spacers on 215hp models and up...

+1
    If the baseplate part number 867 163 is
    found on MY 2003 SC and on some 2004 SC.
    Baseplate 867 164 has the correct dimensions
    without using the washers.

Supercharger housing shims/spacer washers

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Only on the 185 models...DO NOT use the spacers on 215hp models and up...
    Do you know if the same applies when using SBT supercharger rebuild kits?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by PWCGEEK View Post
    Do you know if the same applies when using SBT supercharger rebuild kits?
    I wouldnt use a SBT Scer rebuild kit unless you know for a fact that it is O.E.M...There are to many variables to go wrong when it comes to Scer parts....BUt yes it should apply the same...

SBT says to use the washers with ALL rebuild kits they sell, its listed as the last step in the instructions. To eliminate the confusion on what housing gets it and what doesn't get it, We say use it on all. This was also RECOMENDED by seadoo’s tech department at one point. If you fail to use it on the WRONG housing you will break the shaft off and destroy the customer’s engine. If you install the washers and didn’t need to then everything will still work fine. We have over 300 hrs on our 09 RXP-x with the same SBT rebuild kit.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom V View Post
    SBT says to use the washers with ALL rebuild kits they sell, its listed as the last step in the instructions. To eliminate the confusion on what housing gets it and what doesn't get it, We say use it on all. This was also RECOMENDED by seadoo’s tech department at one point. If you fail to use it on the WRONG housing you will break the shaft off and destroy the customer’s engine. If you install the washers and didn’t need to then everything will still work fine. We have over 300 hrs on our 09 RXP-x with the same SBT rebuild kit.

IF you rebuilt your Scer the way SBT tells you to then im surprised its still working...Use a Hammer to install the bearings???seriously???Then use that same hammer to install the shaft into the housing???Hey what ever works i guess...Those 3 washers are to be used as spacers for certain model housings to help line the Scer gear up...I would NOT use them on every or any SCer..unless you have the specified model housing..It is not recommended to use these as it WILL mis-align your gears and could potentialy cause premature wear...Also i just read SBTs instructions and I didnt see were it stated to use on ALL Scer, it just stays "The 3 washers that have not been used up to this point are used as spacers between the Scer and the motor when re-installing the unit"...Also they state to set the slip to 60 inch/lbs and it then will fall to around 44 inch/lbs,anybody thats rebuilt or knows anything about a stock Scer knows 60 inc/lbs is just outside of spec..spec is between 60 and 90 inch/lbs..So as you can see,For me, i would not use SBT instuctions to rebuild my worst enemys Scer...Use a hammer to rebuild a Scer....WOW...

+1
    Yep 43000 Rpm on hammered bearings is not a good idea.. Well I guess it depends on the size of the hammer and the person swinging it..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom V View Post
    . We have over 300 hrs on our 09 RXP-x with the same SBT rebuild kit.
    Your a braver man than me thats for sure..300 hours on a set of bearings and clutches?????WOW, you must know something that i dont cause i wouldnt go over a 100 hours but then again thats just me...Im curious as to what you guys set your slip to and how you got it to hold for 300 hours....

Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Yep 43000 Rpm on hammered bearings is not a good idea.. Well I guess it depends on the size of the hammer and the person swinging it..
    Its all in the swing Steve-O, its all in the swing.......LMAO...

Most people do not have a press in their garage, the instructions state using a block of wood, TAP the shaft lightly to slide the bearing down into position, it does not say Hammer the bearings into place. The torque spec. you speak of is the spec sea-doo gives for the ceramic washers, The torque spec we give works for the steel washers we provide. The reason why we racked up so many hrs on our kit was to see at what point it would fail, we would rather sacrifice our ski for testing rather than the customers ski. The three spacer washers are the final step in installing the SBT kit and Should NOT be skipped, our testing has proved that using the 3 washers doesn’t cause any misalignment issues or premature wear. As a side note one of the biggest factors in why the superchargers need to be completely re-built at or before the 100 hr mark is that the bearings that are available to the industry to build the supercharger are only rated at 8,000 rpm, YES 8,000 and the supercharger spins these bearings up to 45,000 rpms. Sea-doo knows this and this is one of the reasons why they don’t want more than 100 hrs put on the charger. SBT uses a bearing made by Peer and also is speed rated the same, but we know it can last 300 hrs with abuse, I dont recomend more than 100 hrs on a re-build but our charger held together. Snowman, I’m not looking to debate or argue with you, our kit is made out of high Quality components and has extensive field testing behind it, We would not market a kit that could fail due to poor quality components that would destroy a customers engine. I’m sorry you don’t care for SBT but we are a company that is dedicated to the Watercraft community and we are trying to keep people on the water in an affordable way.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information