Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cracked Water Tube on Polaris Virage, Temp Fix?

Hello group! Glad to be here. I have a 2004 Polaris Virage that needed the jet nozzle and assembly replaced to it being stress cracked some how. I pulled the four bolts off and eased the assembly off slowly...took my time but none the less the plastic water tube to on the right side broke (up in the housing, closest to the nozzle) It made a perfect cracked seperation and it is about 3/8 of an inch from the end. I searched the forum for this problem and just am having no luck finding the solution (obviously a new part) which I can order if I can find it somewhere but its memorial day weekend. I am hoping its ok for me to super glue the end back on and slide my new housing (that I was going to put on) on and lube the tip and put it all back together. I believe the cracked area will be inside the metal diaphram or cap that it slides into? Will this work? I don't have pics because I am at the lake so I tried to explain the best I could.

PS: I owned 5 Polaris skis since 1993. And over time sold them all. This week I bought 4 Polaris Virages, all from different sellers, all having small computer or MFD display problems that led the seller to believe their skis were junk. most paid was $700 for a ski. Best deal was this 2004 with 9 hours that needed a bypass on the MFD and this nozzle replaced, paid $650 with trailer. Thanks to an awesome forum!

Found camera Pics Below: Trying Loctite marine adhesive, 50 min set, 12 hour full strength. Thoughts?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0501.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	240502   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0500.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	240503   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0499.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	240504  

+1
    Great Deals !!!!!!!!

+1
    Where you Located ???

Beaumont Texas area....I think I just found another 04 virage for $250 that needs a computer....This has been a lucky week for me!

I hope this temp loctite stuff works??

+1
    take a tube from one of the other one for now
    if you part any of them out with a 800 motor i'm looking for a crank for one good or core

How do the water tubes come out from the hull? Swist? clip? AND what is the purpose of the tube? Will my Loctite marine adhesive work temporary? I am 2 hours from my other skis...I am on lake toledo bend and my other skis are at home (Beaumont area) Also I have a lead on an 800...I'll keep you posted. It has a good motor needs EMM injectors etc.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 785 lugs View Post
    take a tube from one of the other one for now ...
    +1

If that water tube works loose or cracks again nearby while you are riding the engine cooling will go to zero, and you risk a serious overheat in rapid fashion. The HOT warning may not respond in time to avoid risking engine damage.

If the glue oozes into the center of the water tube it could restrict water flow.

How does the tube come loose from the hull? Are these tubes interchangeable between years?

+1
    theres just the hose clamp inside on the hose remove it and pull it out
    and yes any yr virage will work and most other long pump polaris's will fit to

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by JBoever View Post
    How do the water tubes come out from the hull? Swist? clip?

AND what is the purpose of the tube?

Will my Loctite marine adhesive work temporary? I am 2 hours from my other skis...
    that tube delivers pressurized water from the jet pump into the engine cooling system. It is the only source of cooling water for the engine. There is a black plastic mesh 'postage stamp' inside the jet pump exit nozzle that directs water into the water tube.

Inside the hull there is a 3/4" hose mounted onto a nipple, located down low on the right side of the jet pump base. Take that hose off.

There is also an o-ring that seals the plastic water tube against the pump base. You should be able to work the old water tube out from the rear of the hull after you disconnect the hose from the inside.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information