rxp speedo no work, guesses?

I took my rxp out for the first time after the full ski swap. I took a totaled 07 gtx 215 limited into a 04 rxp hull. I used everything of the 07 but had to get new wiring harnesses to go from a gtx to a rxp for the vts to work on the cluster. I bought a candoo to reflash the ecu to read the trim and the trim gauge. I also changed the compass pitch from a gtx to a rxp as directed. Everything works great except the speedo, it just reads 0. No fault codes or nothing. The speed sensor is the only part of the 04 i didnt change to the 07. It spins freely and the water temp works fine to the cluster. I dont thing the candoo can check the speedo like the b.u.d.s. program can do. When i looked up the part number for a 04 to a 07 speed sensor it was the same. Anyone have there speedo not work in the same way? am i overlooking something? I hate to buy a new speed unit just to try. any ideas?

+1

Candoo Pro Forum

I would post this question on the CanDoo Pro Forum! http://forums.candoopro.com

I have had the same problem since I installed a used Riva ECU, but I know my speedo setup works. I was told by the CanDoo guy - my issue was a result of having an '06 Riva ECU in an '07 ski? I was told it was an 07 - 09 Riva ECU when I bought it.

Interesting, i sent a email to the candoo guys to see if they can help with the candoo system to track it down.

+1
    You may have to hook it up to BUDS to get the speedo to work. I don't think CanDoo provides the necessary Boat Speed Algorithm interface.

See Thread >>> CLICK <<<

I am afriad your right. Wishful thinking that my candoo can doo it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by boatnutt View Post
    I am afriad your right. Wishful thinking that my candoo can doo it.
    I already posed this question on the CanDoo forum. I'm just not that interested in seeing my speedo work to pursue it any further. I'm hoping you can get some results tho.

Craigo

Quote Originally Posted by Craigo View Post
    You may have to hook it up to BUDS to get the speedo to work. I don't think CanDoo provides the necessary Boat Speed Algorithm interface.

See Thread >>> CLICK <<<
    Thanks for the link! what the hells is a algorithms?? lol, i think you figurd out my problem. But the only dealer is 125 miles away that has the buds sofware. Can i send the ecu to someone to reset my algorithms maybee?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by boatnutt View Post
    Thanks for the link! what the hells is a algorithms?? lol, i think you figurd out my problem. But the only dealer is 125 miles away that has the buds sofware. Can i send the ecu to someone to reset my algorithms maybee?
    See what the CanDoo guys say first! If I'm right - some "squeaky wheels" may get some grease!

great! i will let you know what they tell me. i feel the same way about the speedo, not a big deal to have.

Thread Information