Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Overheated during first flush....

Hi everyone, New member and first time wave runner. I purchased an 07 FXHO and ran it for about 4 hours on the lake and it ran like a champ. I brought it home and hooked it up to the hose ran it for a few minutes and it started overheating and no water was coming out of the front left outlet. I shut it right down and haven't done anything since. there should be water coming out the left front? Thanks Gregg

+1
    Because you ski ran fine on the lake, that leads me to believe that everything is fine and the overheating could have been cased to poor water pressure. Was water coming out of the pump when flushing? because it should be. On my 07 FXHO I get a small stream of water from the pilot on the port side when flushing but it's not a very steady flow. IMO check the flush port/ lines and then go form there.

Welcome to the froums.

Thanks For the response. How much pressure from the water hose should I have? I just set it very low. Thanks Gregg

crank up the water pressure and try it again.

Just did. Still no water out of port side just gurgling. Shut it down after about 45 seconds. Reading manual right now will call dealer tomorrow. Anyways what is your take on this machine? Like I said it ran awesome this weekend. Love it so far. Thanks Gregg

is there any water in the hull?

A little in the rear. Should there be any?

A little is fine (normal). Are you actually getting an overheat alarm?? Is there water coming out by the jet when its on the hose? Mine sometimes take about a minute to see water coming out of the port side.

And there are no kinks in your hose...right?

No kinks and yes had a steady beeping. On the second attempt only ran it for about 45 seconds didn't wait because there was no water pissing out of port side. My dealer told me fifty times NOT to run it for more than Thirty seconds dry. Thanks Gregg

+1
    crank up the water preasure !!! drop the nose of trailer down .. mine always beeps at ramp cos the guys is too tight to sort the water problem out ...

if worried drop it in water again and run her, but i bet its just low preasure

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information