sl900 runs great.... intermittently

Ok so the ski has brand new plugs, and fresh fuel. checked the water/fuel separator and all is clean inside. It was contemptible when i started it today, just had no power then it cleared up and ran great. I ran it for about a half an hour then it started sputtering and losing power stalled a few times but would start back up and run fine again. some times at WOT it would cut out and come back right away. seems like some sort of fuel delivery problem, ive already checked the lines. took the carbs off today anything in particular i should look for?

+1
    sounds like your stator is getting weak

so how do i go about checking it? like this....?

Stator ohms method
    Unplug all stator wires.
    Measure ohms resistance between Black stator wire and Gray stator wire. If measured ohms is less than 150 ohms then you have a Gen I or Gen II stator. If measured resistance is very high or open circuit then you have a Gen III stator (or a broken connection).
    Measure ohms between Black and Purple wires. Measurement of less than 10 ohms means you have a Gen III stator.
    Approx. 1200 ohms between Black and Purple wires is a Gen I or Gen II stator.

+1
    like i told the other guy theres no real way to do it correctly it's very hard because most of them test good when they are cold

well if they test good when cold shouldnt it get worse as i ran it? it got better as i used it.

+1
    so after it cleared out it ran good allday ?

yes, when i first put it in the water it just wouldnt rev, it idles fine. then it cleared up I ran it for about a half an hour with no grief. it seemed to act up more at half throttle than WOT. It would just bog intermittently then clear up again.....it didnt seem like a spark issue. if it did bog then stall it would start up again immediately.

Still have this problem....will sit and idle fine. Seems to starve for fuel under throttle but intermittently

What year is the ski? MFD warnings/ Blinking red light?

Banned User
    +1
    Open the carbs. Make sure all is sure all is clean and clear. Check the inlet needles and seats, make sure they aren't sticking, and that the regulator arm is set properly.

Thread Information