What would you do?

Just picked up my brand new 2011 FZS this weekend from a local dealership where my cottage is. Once I took the cover off and got it out in the sun, I noticed a spot on the left side near the back that looks to have had some damage and somebody patched it up. Problem is, they didn't do a good job matching the metalic paint. Here is a picture of it. I already left a voice mail for the marina, and I am waiting to speak with them. Makes me very upset when I spend that much on a brand new machine and it has this! What do you think they should do?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2552.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	240550

+1
    Get a new one or get them to throw in a 5 year warranty.

+1
    New one only..thats never going to look right and its not as if there only a few bucks..

you will have a bad job selling it like that !

+1
    It looks like the paint could have just been dulled there a bit. It can happen in that area if you pull the ski with the cover on it. The wind whips across the cover and dulls the finish on certain areas like that one. Have you tried buffing it out to see if it shines up? If it is just dulled from the cover slapping against it in the wind, then it should shine right up with a good buffing pad and a minor swirl remover compound.

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    +1, It could be a wear mark. IMO with a brand new ski, the dealership should be the one to do any repair like that, just to be safe. You bought a NEW ski, you should receive it in NEW condition.

+1
    If it shines up and turns out to be a cover scuff, you can place a piece of 2" wide blue painters masking tape on the area to protect it in the future when you have longer tows. I carry a roll in the car since my cover does the same thing - although in a different area.

If it's actually shipping, assembly or showroom damage which the dealer has repaired - I'd insist on a new ski. Was the cover on the ski when you went to pick it up from the dealer?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly_A View Post
    If it shines up and turns out to be a cover scuff, you can place a piece of 2" wide blue painters masking tape on the area to protect it in the future when you have longer tows. I carry a roll in the car since my cover does the same thing - although in a different area.

If it's actually shipping, assembly or showroom damage which the dealer has repaired - I'd insist on a new ski. Was the cover on the ski when you went to pick it up from the dealer?
    My father had picked it up for me from the dealer. He only had a 50 minute drive to the cottage from the dealer. If I look closely, I see a couple of smaller dents in the body in the center of that circle. The metalic finish is totally gone in that whole circle and it looks way to circular to be a rub mark from a cover. My dealer called today and said he has a body shop that could repair and match it 100% versus finding a new one which could take a while to locate and have shipped. Not sure which route to go.

+1
    If they are willing to guarantee or warranty the work then I would let them fix it.

+1
    My new fzr in blue has less than perfect color...the hull is kinda splotchy looking out in the sun in places....but all most sea doo drivers see is just a blur anyway.....lol

Thread Information