Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2011 clutch remedy

heya, I've been busy w/ life and out of the loop since Jan. my now rebuilt engine's been sitting in storage at riva r&d waiting for a fix for my 2011 clutch woes. seems the only remedy i can find so far is the rotax clutch. apparently it uses a secondary slip clutch that takes the stress off the sprag. who's tested it, whats the cost? any other remedies out or on the horizon...other than a turbo?

+1
    The clutch will never be "fixed". It'll be patched up but the harder you push the system the quicker things will let go.

In stock form and the old clutch, things are doing exactly what Yamaha designed it to do.

If you can't consider putting a turbo on then the only other thing on the horizon for you is a vxr with some very extensive mods.

Just the way I see it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bkweld View Post
    heya, I've been busy w/ life and out of the loop since Jan. my now rebuilt engine's been sitting in storage at riva r&d waiting for a fix for my 2011 clutch woes. seems the only remedy i can find so far is the rotax clutch. apparently it uses a secondary slip clutch that takes the stress off the sprag. who's tested it, whats the cost? any other remedies out or on the horizon...other than a turbo?
    R&D is releasing a complete redesign of the rotax system here very soon that performs much better. I would wait for that. Riva is still working on a clutch fix too as far as I know but R&D's will be out very soon.

I hope that is true. What does bother me is we heard of the Rotax system many months ago and at least I am just now hearing of several issues. So, do we have to play the waiting game again? If so that could easily put many well into 2012.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    I hope that is true. What does bother me is we heard of the Rotax system many months ago and at least I am just now hearing of several issues. So, do we have to play the waiting game again? If so that could easily put many well into 2012.
    Are you up and running now? If you have a 2010 or earlier clutch then I would just run the ski as is until this system is released. It won't be much longer.

+1
    So it wont be much longer till we can buy a part that has been fixed by someone else. I think I read that right?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
    The clutch will never be "fixed". It'll be patched up but the harder you push the system the quicker things will let go.

In stock form and the old clutch, things are doing exactly what Yamaha designed it to do.

If you can't consider putting a turbo on then the only other thing on the horizon for you is a vxr with some very extensive mods.

Just the way I see it.
    Wise words from a wise man.

Yamaha never wanted there clutch system pushed the way MOST of us tuners wanted too.

Gunna has been there, done that , smashed that and done it again and smashed it again. until everyone gets it into there heads, there is no FOREVER fix to this problem.

Rick Xp and I are trying some new things with the 3 bearing setup very soon , but still ....... I dont want to release something that Im going to get slammed from.

Fact is superchargers break. Turbo's break. Pipes break , engines break. You push the setup's EVERYTHING BREAKS!

Hitman, Ive spoken to bill via email about my cams and s/c issue as he knows what Im doing, he has told me that they have tried different ways and there is still no answer and if you want the email posted I will.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunna View Post

Just the way I see it.
    I would be very happy w/ a clutch design that eventually wears out w/out the threat of causing catastrophic damage to the engine like my 2011 clutch. I've heard riva may have something by Augst. cost for turbo conversion?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bkweld View Post
    I would be very happy w/ a clutch design that eventually wears out w/out the threat of causing catastrophic damage to the engine like my 2011 clutch. I've heard riva may have something by Augst. cost for turbo conversion?
    The price of the kit in the store costs $5,995.
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1728

If you subtract selling your supercharger, exhaust, intake system and the cost of an intercooler it really doesn't come out to be much of a costly upgrade.

I just ordered a clutch 2011 hopefully not have too many breaks in my engine when the clutch is worn out .....

No I did not find any solution other than this

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information