Thread: Turning

Turning

Hey everyone new to the Hulk. I own an 01 1200 GPR. Per my username i am a big Yamaha Fan, Lets just get this out of the way, The GPR i have pump plug kit, Wave Eaters, R&D intake grate, Solas Impeller Concord 13/19, Re ran oil lines, D Plate and sensor, and Compression is at 105 across the board.

So i love the Yama but the Wife not so much. I used to have a 99 Seadoo GSX Limited but got rid of it after riding a Yamaha for the first time last year. Now on the Seadoo it did not take much to do 360 turns and all of that (Which is what my wife likes to do) i Like to Jump so doesnt really apply to me. But If Momma aint Happy no ones happy. So my question is how do i Make the Yama easier for her to spin this thing out? Thanks in advance for your responses. Oh i used the search feature i got nothing.

Thanks for the help guys... I knew i could count on the Community to pitch in with some sort of answer. Could it be i need a different nozzle sponsons need to be adjusted, just need to know what to do, there has got to be a way.

give people a chance, you just posted that a few hours ago lol. I know you could raise the sponsons up a notch, but the GPR wont spin as well as a GSX with anything you do to it.

+1
    Not too many people want to know how to make their ski handle worse. You could try stepping the stock sponsons. Most people do it to make the ride less bouncy in rough water, but it also adds some lift to the rear end in turns & makes it want to slide a little. Do a search & you'll find plenty of threads about it.

+1
    what are you using for a ride plate?

+1
    You have one of the best hulls ever made for handeling, gpr's will turn and hold an edge like crazy and Not spin out....you need to get her a ski with sloppy handeling for her to play on....but...you could remove the sponsons and see what happens.....I let a friend ride my ultra 150 when i had it and he kept spining the ski out, it drove me crazy , so I told him to be carefull with all the spinning stuff because when we got to the bouy course that would be the last thing he should do..so we get to the bouys and He takes off, I give him a good lead then kick the gpr in the ass, caught him very quickly then almost ran the dude over as he spins out right in front of me...i turned hard to avoid the other ski and was glad my gpr cuts like a knife,,he got a giant wave washed over him to remember his folly......you need to look for a ski that has a flatter bottom hull get her one of the old waveraiders( I think this is the one) they are like riding a pissed off paper plate.

Thanks for the replies, i stepped the sponsons for her, i just think the GSX was a crappy handling ski and what she likes. I am on a stock Ride Plate. I think its just time to find another GSX for the wife so i don't ruin my GPR and the way it handles just so she can do some 360's easier. Thank You for all Responses.

+1
    looks like your on the right track...enjoy

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by txgp1300r View Post
    You have one of the best hulls ever made for handeling, gpr's will turn and hold an edge like crazy and Not spin out....you need to get her a ski with sloppy handeling for her to play on....but...you could remove the sponsons and see what happens.....I let a friend ride my ultra 150 when i had it and he kept spining the ski out, it drove me crazy , so I told him to be carefull with all the spinning stuff because when we got to the bouy course that would be the last thing he should do..so we get to the bouys and He takes off, I give him a good lead then kick the gpr in the ass, caught him very quickly then almost ran the dude over as he spins out right in front of me...i turned hard to avoid the other ski and was glad my gpr cuts like a knife,,he got a giant wave washed over him to remember his folly......you need to look for a ski that has a flatter bottom hull get her one of the old waveraiders( I think this is the one) they are like riding a pissed off paper plate.

+++10,000

Thread Information