Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

K&N Oil Filter for the 300x, part numbers?

Does anyone have the numbers? I used the K&N 303 pn because it gave just a bit more capacity than stock for my 2008 Ultra LX. Anyone using these yet on their 300x's?

+1
    K&N 204 or stock here

+1
    will stick to the stock oil filters!

+1
    and you think mobil and k&n make there own filters, im guessing there are only a couple of manufactures and all that happens is a different label is applied. just some manufactures are better than others

Quote Originally Posted by no_more_rice View Post
    Remember Kawasaki does not make oil filters, they are usually made by Filtech or some other supplier with a Kawasaki mark-up, plus quality is all over the place (although Filtech is better than most).
    Kawi oil filter is made by a very reputable Japanese manufacturer called Denso which is equivalent to BOSCH in Europe and N. America. They make quality OEM parts (filters, electric, ignition, etc.) for many Japanese automotive/motorcycle companies use their products. I will use Denso over K&N.

http://www.densoproducts.com/

All I am saying is Kawi doesn't use filters from no name brand like filtech whatever or they wouldn't be using a filter with quality that is all over like you were saying. Price wise, 12.80 isn't so bad when you have to spend $4+/gal everytime you fill up the 20+ gallon tank.

+1
    stick to the stock kawi oil filters, the k&n's are garbage. the only good thing about them is the nut on the bottom and thats it.

+1.
    People who are buying almost $15K ski that takes $100 for a full tank of fuel try to cheap out on maintenance items like filter, oil, etc to save a few bucks is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by no_more_rice View Post
    Blanket statements like this with no basis defy many tests on BITOG and other sites which show they filter BETTER than OEM (the M1 and K&N are the same filter, made by Champion). It's very typical for people who don't know anything about these filters to blindly state that "anything else but OEM is junk" - NONSENSE, and such statements have been proven to be nonsense.

Get a comparison analysis of the filter media and filter performance, then I might listen, until then, I'll keep right on using Mobil 1 and K&N filters in all my vehicles.
    100% agree with you No_More. You can even feel the difference for what that's worth. Try holding a Purolator, then an OEM, then a K&N. From thinest and lightest to most solid. I know that does not equate to filteration, but it's a start IMHO. Things like oil impregnated rubber seals, more media inside the filter and nut for easy removal are rerasons enough. Everything else is gravy.

K&N for me, used plenty, hundreds actually

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information