98 gti fuel problem

Im new to this site but I have read some good stuff on here and I am hopeing someone can help me out. My gti has a 717 motor with one carb. Everything is stock and I am trying to get it running to sell. It was running(like crap) but it was running. When you would give it gas it seemed to want to bog down. Figured I would change fuel lines, rebuild carb so I did. Started up fine but still bogged some. Took the carbs back apart again, everything looked fine. Put it all backed together again only to have it not start at all! After troubleshooting I found that the starter relay went bad. Replaced it. Motor will turn over now but will not start. I am getting NO fuel to my carb now. Fuel bowl(filter) in front of ski has fuel in it and seems to be sealed good. Took the carb apart again and cant find anything wrong. Any advice????

+1
    Check that the supply and return lines are not crossed.

Did you remember the pulse line from the carb to the nipple on the cases ?

Yes it is hooked up.

Oh yea, the anser to your first question canuck is yes i checked supply and return lines, sorry.

Any other idea what the problem could be?

I would like to buy a new impeller for 1998 gtx, any advice on a skat trak or solas? which one would be better. Just want a little more out of the whole.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    when you said that you cleaned the carb what exactly did you do? did you clean the little black screen? did you replace the needle and seats? did you replace all the diaphrams? sounds like you got something backwards and the settings on the High Low scres on the carb is wrong.

Thanks airbornxp I will take another look at it. I want to put a new impeller on my other ski (gti) would you recommend a solas?(I see you are running one)

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by blee View Post
    Thanks airbornxp I will take another look at it. I want to put a new impeller on my other ski (gti) would you recommend a solas?(I see you are running one)
    Im running a Solas XO. its a good prop. your gaining a little hole shot and top end but you go either side of this and its one or the other...not both.

Hey airbornexp, I got rattle comeing from the pump, Ive been reading about this anti rattle kit that they sell. Do you know anything on these? Took my pump off and everything seems good, nice and smoothe and all that. Changing my pump oil and noticed it doesnt have a kit in it. Its a 1996 gtx so thats probably why.(from what i here from other people) Anyway my question is the part # I found is 295500542 but it doesnt state it will fit a 787??????? Do you or anyone else know anything about this? Somebody please help me, I want to get this back together....the weekend will be here SOON!!!!!!

Thread Information