Speed improvmments after triples :)

quick question, my 2003 gpr was fully stock except "D" Plate, now ive fitted triples, skimmed stock head to 150 psi, might be running vf3's, riva double bar grate and the bits to run triples like F/A's and advent cdi, my skis not built yet as im still buying parts to run the pipes but does anybody have a ruff idea what speed gains ill have? my dad also has the same ski fully stock and our skis were identical at top speed, he keeps telling my $$$ spent better have been worth it i hope so anybody know what mph gains ill have aprox. also the last parts i need are the filter block assy, and the water exit manifold for triples. anybody have spairs?

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Josh View Post
    quick question, my 2003 gpr was fully stock except "D" Plate, now ive fitted triples, skimmed stock head to 150 psi, might be running vf3's, riva double bar grate and the bits to run triples like F/A's and advent cdi, my skis not built yet as im still buying parts to run the pipes but does anybody have a ruff idea what speed gains ill have? my dad also has the same ski fully stock and our skis were identical at top speed, he keeps telling my $$$ spent better have been worth it i hope so anybody know what mph gains ill have aprox. also the last parts i need are the filter block assy, and the water exit manifold for triples. anybody have spairs?
    Is it an EFI or carbs? 2003 should be EFI and Advent says they have the cdi to run on efi's ,but i have yet to see 1
    most tripple setups bring a bit more top end mph but get there way faster than (most)single pipe setups.
    Me being a tripple pipe junkie , i hate to say you dad may be right about $$$ better spent IF you just wanted top mph,But you will leave him way behind in a drag race..
    Have fun and hold onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

its a carby 1200 but is deffintaley 2003 as its stamped in the hull are we talking a couple of mph or more top end?

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    its a carby 1200 but is deffintaley 2003 as its stamped in the hull are we talking a couple of mph or more top end?
    03 did not come with 1200 and carbs. 03 was efi 1300 so someone changed it out.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    03 did not come with 1200 and carbs. 03 was efi 1300 so someone changed it out.
    Jim, If that is on the east coast of florida 03 hulls did come with 66v motors

+1
    Top speed will always be subject to the abilities of the tuner himself. Some triples run in the mid 70's, most run high 70 to low 80 and the top dawgs (we all know who they are) relentlessly push the envelope and sweat the little things and get upwards of high 80's.
    One thing is for certain, you will love a properly prepped triple pipe and will be hard pressed to ever go back. Just be sure you like to wrench and maintain as it does require a little more effort.

Do some deep searching here and you will find many common items among the fast triples
    HO Pump, VF3, milled head, Modded ride plates, safe SS grates, FAs, hull mods for more air, the list is endless but this will get you started.

Oh....and you will smoke your DAD!!!!!!!

Thread Information