Bad luck with the 260 this weekend

I was hoping to have a good weekend and I guess it could of turned out worst. Was trying to check the oil before a ride and the plastic piece holding the gas shock for the seat snapped off. I went out for the ride anyway. Well the SC hose blew off for the first time since I tightened all them last august. I had some tools on the other boat and fixed it standing on a beach with a few friends. SC hose was my fault I should of replaced them with better ones when I bought the ski. Seat has me pretty mad at the ski.
    Anyone else have this happen or am I the first?

First I've heard of that one.

+1
    The hose coming off is a very common issue with the new 260's. Just be glad you didn't buy one with a suspension because in order to get to that hose back there the whole suspension area needs to be pulled.

And the plastic pieces breaking which hold up the seat is also another thing that happens often to the new skis.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXT-X 260 View Post
    I was hoping to have a good weekend and I guess it could of turned out worst. Was trying to check the oil before a ride and the plastic piece holding the gas shock for the seat snapped off. I went out for the ride anyway. Well the SC hose blew off for the first time since I tightened all them last august. I had some tools on the other boat and fixed it standing on a beach with a few friends. SC hose was my fault I should of replaced them with better ones when I bought the ski. Seat has me pretty mad at the ski.
    Anyone else have this happen or am I the first?

Yea a friend of mine has a 2009 RXT IS and the same thing happened. Poor design if you ask me. Whish someone with a CNC would make one out of alumium or SS... I'd buy it....

It looked like the cheap pop-rivets broke stressing the plastic till it broke. I'd buy a SS replacement. Aluminum would not hold up to the salt water I don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by RXT-X 260 View Post
    It looked like the cheap pop-rivets broke stressing the plastic till it broke. I'd buy a SS replacement. Aluminum would not hold up to the salt water I don't think.
    Exact same thing has happened to me. I solved it by buying 4 new seat mounts that I have mounted so that it can quickly change when they break.

Perhaps not a solution to what should I do?

/Robert

+1
    I think another guy had the hood hinge break. I'm always careful not to side load the hinges.

+1
    my broke to more than one time i have had to correct alot of bad design on the ski . shame on seadoo from s/c hose blowing off to hinges breaking even my i cacth trailer release cabe breaking i have fixed all the b.s but it better than what seadoo could do .

Thread Information