Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bought an 08 GP1300R and need some sdvice

I purchased a 2008 GP1300R with 12 hours on it in excellent condition. The ski also has 1 year left on the Yamaha extended warranty. Because of the warranty I cant remove the cat con yet or remove the oil injection but I would like to add some bolt on mods to pick up some more speed. First thing I would like to add is an impeller. According to Solas, they recommend a YG-DF14/20. I called Impros and they suggested a Solas YF-CD13/19. Island Racing has 2 different recommendations. The first is the YG-DF14/20 and the second is modified YG-DF13/19IR. Here is a quote from the website about that impeller.

SOLAS DYNAFLY IMPELLER
    YG-DF 13/19 IR $289.95

The PERFECT impeller for stock 05-08 GP1300R's. Slightly reduced pitch allows peak performance without lugging down the motor. EXPLOSIVE holeshot and INCREASED TOP END SPEED!
    Billet Aluminum Impeller Cone Included

I like the wording of "Explosive holeshot" and "INCREASED TOP END SPEED". Anyone have any experience with this impeller or any suggestions as to what impeller I should use or any other warranty friendly mods?

P.S. My stock 2000 GPR that outruns my modded 01 GPR is also faster than my new 1300R. I found out why. When I had the engine rebuilt the mechanic put in a used Solas concord 13/19 impeller. I talked to him yesterday and what I though was an untouched 13/19 concord turns out to be a modded impeller done by Impros. I called Impros and they told me when they repitch impellers they usually stamp the new pitch on the inside of the hub. I will have to pull the pump and remove the impeller to find out what the pitch is but once I do so I am going to buy another 13/19 concord and send it to Impros and have them repitch it to match the one I have and install it in my modded 01 1200R. Hopefully that will bring the 01 to life, but the new 1300R is going to be my ride of choice.

Dave at IMPROS suggested the YF-CD? I have the same ski and he just bent me up a 13\19 out of a DF 14\20 for the HO pump...

you will not turn a 14\20 to it`s max potential... I suggest the 13\19, and once again, youll need a good tach to tune in the rpm... the efi ski`s are a new ball of wax and have lean spots in the cruise.

for the waters and geographical region I live/ride, i love the 13\19DF... minimal rpm loss from the summer heat, so i consider this one a very good compromise...
    but, install and test, same sh-t as before...good luck and congrats on the new best looking GPR made!...lol...

Do you think I would get the same results out of the DF13/19 that Island Racing sells as a DF14/20 modded to a 13/19?

Quote Originally Posted by yamadood View Post
    Do you think I would get the same results out of the DF13/19 that Island Racing sells as a DF14/20 modded to a 13/19?
    either place will repitch a DF14\20 to a 13\19
    as with any prop purchase custom bend it is always best to ask the person doing the work, What I have learned is that no 2 people bend props alike and have a slightly different way of measuring. a 13\19 from dave, could have the same or different results of a 13\19 from IR... whomever you purchase your prop from, just be sure to give them all the info necc for a close/accurate starting point...
    Carl did very good job on my T&B 14\20, and Dave did a very good job on the 13\19... so these are just 2 examples for fine work... make a choice and call...
    also there are several very good prop people, Impros, Island racing, Jims performance, Duke, WFO, etc, etc...

Thanks for the info Pale Rider. What speeds are you getting out of your 1300 with the 13/19 impeller?

Quote Originally Posted by yamadood View Post
    Thanks for the info Pale Rider. What speeds are you getting out of your 1300 with the 13/19 impeller?
    you have PM...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    you have PM...
    Jet dave will tell you what speed you are getting Andy

Quote Originally Posted by L Carlson View Post
    Jet dave will tell you what speed you are getting Andy
    hahahahah beetle juice beetle juice beetle juice!

except will he go away when mentioned or summoned?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    hahahahah beetle juice beetle juice beetle juice!

except will he go away when mentioned or summoned?
    Yes with a new high speed dock crashing video!!!

Took all 3 skis out Saturday last Friday after work. The water was glass which is very unusual here on the Potomac River. Finally beat my wife on her 2000 1200R. I don't know why her ski hooks up so well in the chop, all it has is a custom pitch impeller, but everytime we've raced in the chop she has beaten me. Not this time though. On the glass water my 1300R took her off the line and top end. I let off to let her catch up and gave her a 2 ski lengths and still caught her and passed her. Finally beat that super 1200R.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information