Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

09 Fzr clutch still good!

just putting it out there, i have an 09 fzr i bought with 0 hours. been modded since i bought it. pretty much everything besides touching the charger, internals, or ecu.. currently have 95.4 hours on it and it runs like a friggin champ. and we do alot of rough water riding as well! so far knock on wood no charger issues. just was wondering if anyone is having good luck with theirs because ive been hearing alot of issues with some of the newer chargers...

+1
    I think the BOV's make a big difference, especially if you put it on right away. I think many of the problems you read about on forums, regardless of the make and model, are due to rider error, i.e. riding rough water holding throttle down while coming unhooked, etc.

+1
    70 hrs for me with very similar mods as you and rough water conditions and zero problems here too. IMO there will probably be more clutch issues now that it's summer

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneedragger85 View Post
    just putting it out there, i have an 09 fzr i bought with 0 hours. been modded since i bought it. pretty much everything besides touching the charger, internals, or ecu.. currently have 95.4 hours on it and it runs like a friggin champ. and we do alot of rough water riding as well! so far knock on wood no charger issues. just was wondering if anyone is having good luck with theirs because ive been hearing alot of issues with some of the newer chargers...
    Now that you brought it up, you're doomed. You can now expect your clutch to go.

Neighborhood Superman SlowStang305's Avatar
    +1
    I have 120HRS with the OEM clutch still on the ski. I recently added the blow off valve. The jet ski rides like the day I purchased it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 64physhy View Post
    I think the BOV's make a big difference, especially if you put it on right away. I think many of the problems you read about on forums, regardless of the make and model, are due to rider error, i.e. riding rough water holding throttle down while coming unhooked, etc.
    Maybe "many", but not all! I agree with you up to a point. I have been quite careful from the beginning, i.e. not holding throttle down while coming unhooked, etc., etc, etc, etc, etc. I also ride in smooth water 80% of the time. Yes, there have been a couple of times while racing someone where I came unhooked and still pinned it, but if I can't do that what's the point of even having a fast ski? The other 99% of the time I try not to even engage the BOV (which I have had installed from early on).
    Just sayin'....

I think it is a little bit of everything, BOV,riding style and luck.You do beat on it just a little! lol!!!

+1
    That's why I said "many" instead of most or all...kind of like the cracked hulls around the rear tie down points...many, but not all, were likely caused by over-tightening the rear tie down straps. Just saying that a lot of what we read on here is very one sided...not all of it, but a lot of it.

+1
    yeah the hks bov has been on it since i bought it... lol yeah i do thrash her! knock on wood now.. oh well if it goes ill just work mad ot and drop the turbo kit in it =)

I've already broken three clutch 60h, I just buy a clutch 2011, hoping that it lasts more than 20 hours ....

I ride with compressor stock, the stock ECU, the only changes that I have are an air filter, exaust ff, intack manifold

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information