Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Yah yah don't hound the NEWB, but will a exhuast, prop get me 65ish mph on 96-99 xp?

New to the site guys/gals. My name is John.. Not new to the water, have had, have some fast boats, but since gas is getting insane, been considering a ski... I have always liked the 95-98 XP, SPX's, seem to able to pic them up for a decent price.. I do have a line on a 05 gtx supercharged, but it is a boat compared to the little XP's, a ton more..Just curious if I can get 65mph out of one of the earlier ones with a impeller/prop, exhasut. Stock they are supposed to be good for 57-60ish.. Thanks for any help and info.. I am searching also, so don't be to hard on the newb.. Thanks John
    Last edited by Fenderjack; 06-02-2011 at 09:42 PM.

T T T for a newb..

John

+1
    I have been out of the 2 stroke loop for a little while, but I had a 96 GSX back in the day and it took alot more than that to get me to 63-64 ish.

Oh and welcome to the forum.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    be happy with 60. it takes about $2000 of used parts and lots of wrenching every time you want to take it out to do 65+

+1
    buy a RXP ;p

Quote Originally Posted by sfackett0 View Post
    buy a RXP ;p

Wow so 2k to get ruffly 5mph out of the thing, hell that is more then it cost for boats lol.. I do not mind wrenching, I do all my own work for the most part.. I do believe the gsx was a bit different then XP and SPX.. Thanks

John

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenderjack View Post
    I do believe the gsx was a bit different then XP and SPX.. Thanks

John
    Oh yea, they where different alright. I had a XP right before the GSX and at that time riding 2 people alot, the difference was night and day. It is also my understanding that the GSX hull was a faster hull than the XP/SPX hull.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    what i mean is that they are highly sensitive to temperature and humidity depending on the parts. meaning that you will be adjusting screws on the carbs and then hope to god that you dont lean the thing out and seize a piston. lets put it this way. I wanted a rocket on the water once. I spent almost 2k to get the thing to do 65+. that lasted about a weekend before I got pissed off and it got parted out. the best pipe is a Factory Pipe spec II but it likes to eat pistons. Buckshot carbs are sensitive to humidity and running a high compression head with .044 squish means that your running leaded 110 race gas. personally not worth 5+mph unless your racing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    what i mean is that they are highly sensitive to temperature and humidity depending on the parts. meaning that you will be adjusting screws on the carbs and then hope to god that you dont lean the thing out and seize a piston. lets put it this way. I wanted a rocket on the water once. I spent almost 2k to get the thing to do 65+. that lasted about a weekend before I got pissed off and it got parted out. the best pipe is a Factory Pipe spec II but it likes to eat pistons. Buckshot carbs are sensitive to humidity and running a high compression head with .044 squish means that your running leaded 110 race gas. personally not worth 5+mph unless your racing.
    +1
    I got tired of buyng pistons. Ended up with a Rossier pipe, didnt make as much power as the Factoy Pipe but I was not tearing apart the motor every weekend.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information