Unhappy Polaris 1995 SL 650 fuel problems.. HELP

First I have had this ski since new no problems.. Last summer I was having problems with its starting. Put it away for the winter and again more problems..

I have changed spark plugs and inline fuel filters. If i spray starting fluid into the carbs it will run until it is gone. The fuel water seperator will go down when it is running and fill back up after its shut off. I put my buddies SL 650 fuel pump on it and was able to start and run.. Put mine on his and we couldnt get it started.. swapped back and no startyyy... EASY right well went to polaris and the fuel pumps have been discontinued... So where and what kinda fuel pump do i get and do you think that the problem....

At wits end.
    Thanks

I have read through alot of the forums with guys talking about fuel pumps they put on, But no one says where they got them and which ones work... I have seen used polaris ones on Ebay but afraid i will run into the same thing again with a used old one.

+1
    Try John Ziegler, he may have a good used one.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...es-Connections

Or check out Classified section of this forum

Or you could rebuild the pump with rebuild kit.

I was not really wanting to go with the used ones.. Is there any new upgraded ones i can go to.. I did the rebuild kit.. It only comes with the gaskets and diaphram.. not any of the internal.. yep spent 40$ on the rebuild and didnt help. I also put on the boost pump from watercraftstore.. but didnt help at all.

After spending 90$ on it and nothing working... thats why i came here hoping for some help.
    I read the Part No. For Mikuni Triple Outlet Pentagon Fuel Pump and only got more confused.. If i do a triple do you run three hoses to carbs and block off the backs? and do i take off the boost?? SOOO lost...

OK SOOOOO, this is a true statement here... DON"T GIVE UP< Problems may be found on the 8th time looking.. I will post my fix just incase this happens to someone else..

I first pulled apart my fuel pump last year to look as see if anything was cracked or broken inside. When i put the pump back together I put the arrows the wrong way.. In and out was switched.. SOOO when I put the rebuild kit in I made sure to put it back the same way, which was already wrong.. I just now took my buddies fuel pump back out to put it in mine and notice that they were not the same.. After fixing that it fired right up and ran like a champ!!!

Maybe no one else is that stupid.. but can't hurt to post just in case.. With the back and front off make sure to put it back together THE SAME!! lol Sorry for all the posts guys!!
    GREAT FORUMS!!!! Look problem solved and no one posted!!!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Glad to hear you got it running.

Not a fan of the 'booster' add-on fuel pump system.

The Fuji triple outlet fuel pump (NOT the pentagon fuel pump, just the normal triple outlet Fuji pump) is a proven upgrade for the 750 and 650 engines and has been well documented.

See my signature links for more information, especially the 'new owner' and 'Fuji engine maintenance' sections.

Thread Information