Check out this ugly RXT fuel pump

Well, at least now I know why it kept dieing. Time to install a Walbro pump.

A few questions though, since the Walbro pump is supposedly a little taller, will I have to cut down on the aluminum tube or run some high pressure fuel line from top of pump fitting where original tube slipped on to? How do I get the bottom off of the housing. I drilled the two rivets out but it's on there and won't budge. There is alot of scale down at the bottom and I need to remove it to clean it.

The bottom of the tank is full of rust so all fuel has been drained and I will vac out the debris tomm after it airs out. This ski took on salt water in the past from hurricane IKE. You can view my folder to see how I found it. I ran a half gallon on methanol to absorb the water and it worked fine for about 5 tank fulls. Looks like the pump just kept on rusting.

One more thing, whats the silver top on the last pic, is that the regulator?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0601112008-01.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	240803   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0601112008-02.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	240804   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0601112015-00.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	240805   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0601112023-00.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	240806   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0601112023-01.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	240807  

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    The walbro pump is a direct replacement. Not sure what you've read, but it's a direct swap out... nothing else needed! (I would replace both of those strainers though)

There is no reason to drill out any rivets, or remove the lower housing cover. Yes... that's the fuel pressure regulator-filter mounted on top.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    The walbro pump is a direct replacement. Not sure what you've read, but it's a direct swap out... nothing else needed! (I would replace both of those strainers though)

There is no reason to drill out any rivets, or remove the lower housing cover. Yes... that's the fuel pressure regulator-filter mounted on top.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=rxt+fuel+pump.

The top of page 2 on the above thread shows a setup a little different but that must be for a different ski.

On the inside of the housing cover at the very bottom looks like it has a screen right where the pump slips into. Does the housing act as the reserve when fuel gets below edge of housing and then the fuel is drawn from the bottom screen that detaches?

Can I take apart the reg/filter so I can change that filter?This must be where the "pancake" filter is located.

It's difficult to try and think of more questions.........your avatar is distracting.

Thread Information