+1

R&D RXP Auto Drop Nozzle Set Up

I have a R&D Auto Drop Nozzle set up conning from a forum member in a few weeks when shipped and was wanting to know the following

Fitting looks easy so no problems there, but how do you set them up and as anybody got a starting point,

Second thing is where do you fit the hole shot rods and how do they work/influence the set up

Any help or advise would be very much appreciated.

Banned User
    +1
    set-up come pretty aggressive from the factory, you can set it up to drop even harder but i'd try it out and go from there. the holeshot rod takes the place of the VTS rod and works at takeoff. trim the vts all the way down and it keep the nozzle in the dropped position (down) when the bars are straight on take off. once you get going you trim it all the way back up and the nozzle goes back into the neutral position when the bars are straight and drops when you turn the bars...... hope that helps

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    set-up come pretty aggressive from the factory, you can set it up to drop even harder but i'd try it out and go from there. the holeshot rod takes the place of the VTS rod and works at takeoff. trim the vts all the way down and it keep the nozzle in the dropped position (down) when the bars are straight on take off. once you get going you trim it all the way back up and the nozzle goes back into the neutral position when the bars are straight and drops when you turn the bars...... hope that helps
    So if I am understanding this correctly for the hole shoot you put the trim all the way down which will lower the nozzle to keep the front end down and then after this I then take the trim all the way to the top which will set the nozzle in a middle neutral position for normal riding or do you take the trim to the middle position on the gauge? If I have to take the trim all the way to the top I am guessing the hole shot bar is longer than the OEM trim rod so it would keep the nozzle in the normal neutral position.?

If I want to make the ski turn less aggressive I would shorten both the two top centre rods buy the same amount and if I want it to turn more aggressive I would make them longer which would lower the nozzle.

Do you have to use the hole shot bar or can you leave your normal VTS rod on?

Banned User
    +1
    Yes after holeshotting trim it up which backs the holeshot rod off the nozzle allowing it to raise into the neutral position. Once you get it installed it will make much more sense and is quite easy to understand.

The holeshot rod is just a tiny stub that is much much shorter then the vts rod. You dont even need it IMO just get over the bars a bit but the stock vts rod will not work with the auto drop.

Banned User
    +1
    also i will say when you look from behind and turn the bars it sure doesnt look like its dropping much but it makes a big difference so try it out before you go adjusting anything. if you do adjust the screws make sure both sides are dead even or it will drop harder one way then the other

Thread Information